Forum Life

Discussion in 'Debates' started by Baffled, May 15, 2019 at 12:06 AM.

?

Is there life on this forum?

1. No - there's more life in a tramp's vest the ship's sinking, man the lifeboats

2. Yes - but only a few non-sentient life forms

3. Brexit

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Baffled

Baffled Guest

I'm becoming disenfranchised with this forum. If it doesn't improve I may leave but please don't message me trying to talk me out of it, telling me how much i'm loved and will be missed. . . . . . . . .

2. Bad_Influence

Bad_Influence UKChat Familiar

Don't make promises we all know you'll never keep.

3. franden

franden UKChat Initiate

The problems with, not only this but many other forums is that what is of interest to some members is of no interest to others and so we get posts that remain un-answered so the poster thinks "Why do I bother" and does not post again. As the saying goes 'You can please some of the people etc;'

Baffled likes this.
  4. megs233

megs233 UKChat Familiar

but.................we love you ....................lol

Baffled likes this.
  5. franden

franden UKChat Initiate

6. Witch_with_a_B

Witch_with_a_B UKChat Familiar

OK

7. supercookie123

supercookie123 UKChat Familiar

The forum's ok. I tend to find things I am interested in and then babble on about their topics (as you see!) and I have even, now, started my own topic (proper grown-up!). What is annoying to me is how messages appear which are nothing to do with what the thread was originally about, so sometimes I will see an interesting title, go to add my point of view and it will be 6 pages long, with the original point utterly lost in a cacophony of shite. Pfft.

Wren, LondonGuy and Baffled like this.
  8. franden

franden UKChat Initiate

Hi Supercookie.
    This happens on almost all forums. You start an interesting thread and it gradually wanders over to something entirely different. It,s human nature I,m afraid. The only thing a thread starter can do is to politely remind folk that they are veering away from the original topic.
    By the way what things are in your field of interest?

9. supercookie123

Hiya Franded. Totally agree.

In my field of interest... VERY random and varied. I am politically very on-the-fencey; I read lots; I like animals; I am opinionated but quite sentimental and empathetic, so I will, for example, frown upon behaviours but also understand why they happen. I can watch Theresa May, for example, making a pig's ear of Brexshite and shake my head in despair, then sympathise for the person she is, having been given an impossible task. I found Saddam Hussain's tyrannical ways abhorrent then felt bad for the man as I watched him hang. Complex, eh?

Wren likes this.
  10. LondonGuy

LondonGuy UKChat Expert

I agree but on the plus side the forum is MUCH better than it used to be. There was a bit of a deliberate sabotaging going on at the end of last year where every topic was be hijacked but thankfully most of those members have gone elsewhere.

I hope more members start posting new topics.

Wren likes this.
  11. Bad_Influence

Pot. Kettle. Black.

12. LondonGuy

LondonGuy UKChat Expert

Bad - You seem to have issues with me all of a sudden , I have kept out of your way so please do the same with me PLEASE. I don't want hassle on here. You are welcome to your views but all stories have two sides but chat folk tend to see only side of the clique they mix with.

The evidence is still buried deep on the form where my topics were hijacked if people are that bored to go looking.

Beemovie likes this.
  13. Bad_Influence

What ever made you think my post was aimed at you LG? Guilty conscience maybe?

14. LondonGuy

LondonGuy UKChat Expert

Blocked and ignored BAD - Not hijacking a decent topic. Don't take a GENIUS to work out who the reply was for.

15. Bad_Influence

16. supercookie123

For the record, I am a lone wolfette here. I don't join cliques and don't think anyone at all here will agree entirely with any of my views. I also don't comment on other people... only on what they say, unless in jest!

I would worry later if I said a mean thing...

Wren, Bad_Influence and LondonGuy like this.
  17. Bad_Influence

You worry too much :D:p:D

18. franden

franden UKChat Initiate

How interesting. Very much the same as mine. I always listen to PMQs, Why? I don,t know as the whole session is fixed and every MP knows what the questions are to be beforehand. Reading. I am an avid bookworm but I am fussy as to what I read. I am not a 'whodunit' fan,I am reading at the moment Return to Tamar. A story of life around the Tamar river just after the war. I like stories on country life in years gone by. I am a member of the RSPB. and spend many a happy hour at our local nature reserve which is home to many species of waterfowl. I am an animal lover but hate domestic cats as they are the biggest killer of wild birds in the country. Having said that I would never harm one and God help anyone I see harming one or any other animal come to that. Not that I could do much about it at my age.
    I have so many other interests. far too many to go into here.

Wren likes this.
  19. supercookie123

I know, cos grey hair said...

20. Bad_Influence

That's not worrying, that's getting..... oh never mind :eek::D:p