how to do a screenshot for a report to mods

S

Sweetscott

due to chatters asking how to perform a screenshot to file a report of an incident i will explain how to do it on windows and a mac:

Saving a Screenshot on a PC
1. Go to the Web page of which you wish to make a screenshot. Make sure the section of the page you want to include in the screenshot is displayed on your screen.

2. Press the “Print Screen” button on your keyboard. It is usually found to the right of the “F” (function) keys, toward the top of the keyboard. It can also be found near the directional keys. Click within the web browser to make it your active window. Depending on your keyboard,you may need to press "Alt-Print Screen" to capture the shot.

3. Open a photo editing program such as Microsoft Paint or Adobe Photoshop. Microsoft Paint comes with Windows 7.

4. Open a new blank file and press "Ctrl-V."

5. Save your screenshot by selecting "File" and choosing “Save.” Select the file type, such as JPEG, GIF or TIFF, and type a name for your file. Click "Save."

Saving a Screenshot on a Mac
6. Open the Web page for which you want a screenshot.

7. Take a screenshot of the entire screen. Press “Cmd-Shift-3.” The image will appear as a file on your desktop with the file name "Picture 1." If you continue to take more screenshots, they will be given the file names "Picture 2," "Picture 3" and so on.

8. Take a screenshot of your Web browser window only by pressing “Cmd-Shift-4” and then press "spacebar." Your cursor will turn into a small image of a camera. Position the camera within the Web browser window. Click inside the window, and a file containing a screenshot of just the browser window will appear on your desktop.

9. Capture a screenshot of a particular area of the Web page by pressing “Cmd-“Shift-“4.” Do not press the spacebar. Click and drag the cursor to create a rectangle that represents the precise screenshot size and location. Release the cursor to save the file to your desktop.

B

Baffled

Google chrome has an extension you can use for screen shots just click the camera icon and it does what it says - takes a screen shot and saves it to your computer which you can then use to file your ban appeal, not that i'd ever need to resort to such antics though some in here seem to wear their ban like a badge of honour.

Piper

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
This is actually great info so thanks! However I've only found it after having been abused in a chat room via whispering. I did copy and paste some of it to a notepad at the time and have saved it. My concern is that I copied and pasted the singular abusive message into the room. I then got a whisper from a mod advising me that if I did this again I could be banned. No offer of support, or concern. No advice how to report such incidents. I did whisper back asking what to do, but she left the room a minute later. Feeling a bit flabbergasted over the whole thing. My perception was that mod's were there to protect, monitor and moderate. The messages before entering chat appear supportive, is this just a disclaimer..?!?!

B

Bad_Influence

This is actually great info so thanks! However I've only found it after having been abused in a chat room via whispering. I did copy and paste some of it to a notepad at the time and have saved it. My concern is that I copied and pasted the singular abusive message into the room. I then got a whisper from a mod advising me that if I did this again I could be banned. No offer of support, or concern. No advice how to report such incidents. I did whisper back asking what to do, but she left the room a minute later. Feeling a bit flabbergasted over the whole thing. My perception was that mod's were there to protect, monitor and moderate. The messages before entering chat appear supportive, is this just a disclaimer..?!?!
Maybe there was a reason the mod left....... there are glitches tonight that kick people off randomly. It's not the mods that are the problem, believe me

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
my laptop has button says prtsc i just press it jobs a good en.

BlackMagicBabeXx

“Shut your mouth when you’re talking to me.”
Reaction score
due to chatters asking how to perform a screenshot to file a report of an incident i will explain how to do it on windows and a mac:

Saving a Screenshot on a PC
1. Go to the Web page of which you wish to make a screenshot. Make sure the section of the page you want to include in the screenshot is displayed on your screen.

2. Press the “Print Screen” button on your keyboard. It is usually found to the right of the “F” (function) keys, toward the top of the keyboard. It can also be found near the directional keys. Click within the web browser to make it your active window. Depending on your keyboard,you may need to press "Alt-Print Screen" to capture the shot.

3. Open a photo editing program such as Microsoft Paint or Adobe Photoshop. Microsoft Paint comes with Windows 7.

4. Open a new blank file and press "Ctrl-V."

5. Save your screenshot by selecting "File" and choosing “Save.” Select the file type, such as JPEG, GIF or TIFF, and type a name for your file. Click "Save."

Saving a Screenshot on a Mac
6. Open the Web page for which you want a screenshot.

7. Take a screenshot of the entire screen. Press “Cmd-Shift-3.” The image will appear as a file on your desktop with the file name "Picture 1." If you continue to take more screenshots, they will be given the file names "Picture 2," "Picture 3" and so on.

8. Take a screenshot of your Web browser window only by pressing “Cmd-Shift-4” and then press "spacebar." Your cursor will turn into a small image of a camera. Position the camera within the Web browser window. Click inside the window, and a file containing a screenshot of just the browser window will appear on your desktop.

9. Capture a screenshot of a particular area of the Web page by pressing “Cmd-“Shift-“4.” Do not press the spacebar. Click and drag the cursor to create a rectangle that represents the precise screenshot size and location. Release the cursor to save the file to your desktop.

BlackMagicBabeXx

“Shut your mouth when you’re talking to me.”
Reaction score
who`s a clever boy just scott xx

BRAXIT

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
All useful information above, I'd add on Windows PCs that there is a Snipping Tool. This allows you to 'snip' or screenshot a section of the screen or the whole screen, and opens the 'snip' ready to be edited or saved. By far the easiest way of obtaining a full or partial screenshot. It's simple and intuitive to use, hit the 'Start/Windows' button, type 'snip' and it will bring it up as top result, click it, open it, snip and save.

Back