Being Agnostic

Raining_Roses

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Reviewing the most recent threads, I see an overwhelming increase of preachy god-bollox, so in an attempt to balance the scales a little, here’s what it means to be Agnostic (to me, anyway!):

> Not being so blinded by my ego to believe that my imaginary friend is bigger and better than your imaginary friend- because I don’t I have one.

> Open-minded as to the possibilities of what happens after death, so I don’t live in fear that anything I do or say will send me to hell.

> No one is watching me masturbate and judging me for doing it.

> I don’t feel the need to label everything ‘evil’, when I simply don’t like or agree with it.

> I never feel compelled to waste my time passing off man-written scripts as the word of a supernatural being instead of seeing them for what they actually are- words….written…by…a…human…!

> I never find myself wondering if I’m actually schizophrenic, believing in big men in the sky, imaginary voices and ‘messiahs’.

> Nor do I live with the destitute feeling of ‘This is all I bloody got!’, because maybe it isn’t! Maybe I’ll pop my clogs and live in paradise with 12 cats (this could be hell too, as I’d have to clean their trays); maybe I’ll come back and become the first humanoid to visit Saturn; maybe I’ll be unplugged; maybe I’ll step out of the shower and find out it was all a dream….who knows?! I don’t and that’s fine!

Please share what it means to you to not give a flying duck whether there’s a god or not.

Raining_Roses

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
There is every possibility that cats are really gods or aliens sent to observe us and report back. After years of being enslaved by these animals, I hold that possibility as much as the rest of them. After all, there was a reason the Egyptians worshiped them and then there's that freaky little thing they do- the imitation of a baby crying to attract human sympathy and attention. We, as humans, are neurologically wired to pay them attention.
All hail Fluffy!
1705229352364.png

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
There is every possibility that cats are really gods or aliens sent to observe us and report back. After years of being enslaved by these animals, I hold that possibility as much as the rest of them. After all, there was a reason the Egyptians worshiped them and then there's that freaky little thing they do- the imitation of a baby crying to attract human sympathy and attention. We, as humans, are neurologically wired to pay them attention.
All hail Fluffy!
View attachment 14534
A cat will happily destroy your home and kill you while you are sleeping.

A DOG will guard you...... and your possessions forever.

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
This was really an agnostic's excuse, wasn't it?
On the contrary, it simply gave you the opportunity to waffle on about how wonderful cats are.

We've had debates about cats and dogs before and the outcome was, predictably: that cats do **** all for humanity, but dogs do.
Actually, in spite of 'The Mummy's' representation of cats scaring away evil, ancient Egyptian wrongdoers, several animals were given God status.
Sobek, crocodile-headed god of the Nile; Sekhmet, leonine goddess of war; Anubis, jackal god of the underworld; and Hathor, mother goddess with a cow's horns
Among other notable anthropomorphic deities highly-regarded by the ancient Egyptians were baboons, ibises, lynxes, pigs, hippopotami, frogs and even beetles.
So, the ancient Egyptians weren't that fussy when they deified animals, in all honesty.
If it could be mummified, they were certainly game to give it a go.

:rolleyes:

P.S. You're only step away from the reality: Atheism.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
A DOG will guard you...... and your possessions forever.
I'm reminded of the artist Gough. He set off with his dog walking the Lake District. He was never seen alive again. A few months later his body, well, skeletal remains were found. Next to him was his dog, fit and healthy. What did the dog eat to survive? Hmmmmmmmm! :rolleyes:

Full disclosure* I'm a cat lover :)

Paul1003

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Well fucking said. Life is what you see and experience,. not what someone tells you it is and not something you read in a book. Life is a personal experience unique to the individual but love and compassion should be common to all.
Live long and prosper

Kev45

A beautiful sunset that was mistaken for a dawn.
Reaction score
In death, Mr Dog of course stays loyally by its master's side, and according to paramedics I know, will often not even take a nibble until they too succumb to death.

Mrs Cat, however, will start nibbling master's face after his heart has just stopped beating, and his corpse is still warm, and unlike the loyal Mr Dog, will fu/ck off, at the first available opportunity, to find another face to chew on.

If my pooch ate an arm or even a leg, after I pop my clogs, I would congratulate her for her will to survive, because flesh is just that, simply flesh. :rolleyes:

Paul1003

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Why does everyone sign off with Einstein. Einstein is a lying prick. if we look at him for inspiration , we're all fucked

Kev45

A beautiful sunset that was mistaken for a dawn.
Reaction score
Why does everyone sign off with Einstein. Einstein is a lying prick. if we look at him for inspiration , we're all fucked

Perhaps you shouldn't advance to Einstein, until at least after you have discovered, a way to block adverts on your computer screen.

xXxXx

Paul1003

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
are you saying that I can't comprehend or understand Einstein. Please educate me. Or at least try your best. Now that you've called med an imbecile.

Paul1003

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Nothing makes me feel more intelligent and superior than talking to "well educated dickheads" my ex wife was one of them. give it your best shot

Paul1003

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Maybe you should consider your IQ before opening your mouth

Back