Where have all the dentists gone!?

cantona

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Why did the dentist and manicurist get together? They were looking for a filling relationship.

Claire8

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Dentist begging the patient: Could you help me, please? Scream as loud and painfully as you possibly can?
Patient: Umm, why? It’s not hurt me this time.

Dentist: Because there are tonnes of patients in the waiting room right now and I don’t want to miss the cup final at 3!

Claire8

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Why did the dentist make a poor date with the manicurist? Because they fought both tooth and nail!

cantona

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
According to the NHS, people may fear going to the dentist due to a variety of reasons, including previous bad experiences, panic or worry that the treatment will cause pain, or a loss of control 1. Avoiding dental care can lead to serious and even irreversible damage to oral health, so it’s important to seek help if you have a fear of the dentist 1.

Dental advances have made it possible for dental treatment to cause little to no pain. Numbing gels can be used to numb the gum area before injections, and the injections themselves have been developed to cause little to no pain 1. Dentists are also much more aware and ready to help patients who suffer anxiety at the dentist. Dental surgeries and treatment have also been updated. Waiting rooms are often nicely decorated and comfortable, and staff are trained to handle nervous patients 1.

If you’re fearful or feeling anxious about visiting your dentist, you could try speaking to your dentist and explaining your feelings. You can then work together to make your visit as relaxed as possible. Pro-active breathing and relaxation techniques can help to calm your nerves and distract you from any procedures. You could also take an MP3 player and headphones with you to act as a distraction and drown out any noises that make you anxious. Agree with your dentist on a signal you will make if you feel overwhelmed or want the treatment to stop for any reason. You could also ask for the dental nurse to speak with you or sit with you during your appointment. If your phobia is severe, you can ask to be referred to a sedation clinic 1.

I hope this information helps!

Claire8

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
For a second, I thought he wrote more than a word or two, but nope copied and pasted

Claire8

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Q: What’s the dentist’s favorite idiom?

A: Put your money where your mouth is.

Claire8

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Q: Why does the dentist have a TV on the ceiling for patients?

A: So they can Netflix and drill.

Claire8

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
A local dentist was arrested for dealing drugs.
To say I was surprised would be an understatement. I’ve been going to him for 10 years and never knew he was a dentist.

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Quess what jefffs been for a check up at Dentist today
least i didt have that lobby dentist mine was good lol

cantona

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
A little old lady goes to the dentist . She strips from the waist down , lays back in the chair and puts up her legs , the dentist says "Excuse me , Mrs im not a gynecologist " . The little old lady looks at him and says , " I know I need my husbands teeth back ! "

cidal

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Yeah this should help with the false meme you brits all have sh** for teeth.

Hey, it happens. On the plus side you all have lovely breasts and very small penises.

Raining_Roses

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Yeah this should help with the false meme you brits all have sh** for teeth.

Hey, it happens. On the plus side you all have lovely breasts and very small penises.

I dunno about the small penises! Back in the day, I met a few that could have given Red Rum a run for his money (It's possible one or two had Irish backgrounds). On the rest, absolutely- we have terrible teeth, thanks to dentist appointments being like gold-dust & the dentistry being more like a production line than a health care service (in the chair, drilled & out). And totally- we do have lovely breasts, but then I'm bias, but I really would question your experience with British penises.

Back