Writers unite!

J

JellyTot

Hi there.

Does any one else here write for fun or write books hoping to get them published?
I am after some writer friends :)

C

coffee-time

I have written one sci-fi novel that I e-published through Smashwords. I have been trying to write the second for a number of years.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
The chap who wrote "The Martian" had to self-publish because no one would touch it, gives hope to all amateur writers.

post-futurist

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
I spent several years trying to write. Various styles and forms. Never really tried to publish. Latest attempt was a humorous magical fantasy. Spent a couple of years on it. Decided in the end I just don't have the story-telling skills. Scrapped it a couple of years back. Still get the urge to have another go. Who knows?

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
Hi there.

Does any one else here write for fun or write books hoping to get them published?

I think most people attempt writing poetry or simple prose before they even consider anything as daunting as a novel or even a short story.
I am sure there is a novel in all of us, even if it's autobiographical in content. It's just a matter of being able to put it into words in an entertaining and engaging way. It's like art; most people think they can't paint or draw and even if they can't, they can still express themselves using the medium.
You didn't mention what format of writing you engage in yourself. I presume it is in writing novels or something similar.
Alas, I cannot give claim to writing anything of that order but I do like making the occasional comment on threads in Forums, as shown here.
I am confident that in due course someone will be more than happy to exchange views on the subject with you.
:)

TheBabayaga

Life is but a Dream within a dream
Reaction score
Hi there.

it would be nice to read someones work. Published writing has already gone through the process of tweaking, taking out, adding in and re organising of elements sometimes changing the very core. I would like to read something from the mind in its raw form. Also good to get some feedback, good and bad, its all good.

TheBabayaga

Reaction score
I have written one sci-fi novel that I e-published through Smashwords. I have been trying to write the second for a number of years.
what is it called, and where would you go if you wanted to read it

TheBabayaga

Reaction score
Hi there.

I dabble a little. I doubt very much anyone would want to publish my stuff though. If you want to read or have anything for me to have a look at, i would def. be interested.

Back