Wow moments that you've wittnessed in sport

The_main_event

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
What are the wow moments in sport where you can say I was there?

My list is:

1999 world cup cricket semi final at Edgbasten, Alan Donald, Lance Clusner run out
2005 Ashes at Edgbasten, Freddy bowling on the Saturday
Kevin Peiterson hitting the switch hit vs Sri lanka
The Peter Crouch robot

M

Manky

2003 Wilko . Not the shop .

Nice lad from Frimley Green . Talks well .

Last edited by a moderator:

theflame

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Ex Arsenal and Chelsea football goalkeeper Petr Cech signing for ice hockey time Guildford Phoenix and defeating Swindon 3-2 in penalty shots on his debut game

T

Tandy

Coventry win FA cuot against Tottenham hotspur 1987,was momnumental to the city and for me personally, times never to be repeted, but we had them and they were amazing for my young soul.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
2016 - Kyle Larson #42 Takes his first Nascar cup win in Michigan USA

1999 Champ Car PPG series... - California Speedway - Greg Moore was killed - Turn 2 inside wall heavy impact , His family were in the crowd with us , they did not tell the drivers and they completed the race - Shocking !!

Portugal win the Euros in Paris - France , we qualified through the group stages without winning a game beating France in the final 0-1 , Portugal's first ever Major Trophy -

Seeing the tower in Portuguese colours was awesome =D

Ro77q6q.jpg

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Attending my son's cup match against another primary, yes, primary school. It wasn't a 'wow' moment, more a 'Jesus Christ' moment. Over a trivial foul, parents watching the game started the most violent punch up, men AND women. I never went to another game after that.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Attending my son's cup match against another primary, yes, primary school. It wasn't a 'wow' moment, more a 'Jesus Christ' moment. Over a trivial foul, parents watching the game started the most violent punch up, men AND women. I never went to another game after that.

Gosh that is next level stupidity :rolleyes:

BasildonBond

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Mine's gotta be when David Beckham scored a last-gasp goal for England against Greece at Old Trafford in a World Cup Qualifier in 2001. It meant we had qualified for the following year's World Cup in Japan & South Korea. He was the only England player on the day to perform at all...he was head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch. His now semi-legendary free-kick goal with just a few seconds of the match left was a joy to behold. I was there. For me, it's undeniably one of those "where were you?" moments.

xxwhite_dovexx

Hello from Florida! Be thankful !
Reaction score
seeing a painting for the first time (not the first time but as on LSD)

Dantheman

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
i've now witnessed seeing man utd and liverpool both conceding more than 5 on the same day

Billyliar

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
There were some good natured swansea fans drinking in our pub last year.
One of the ladys couldnt have been used to the non fizzy cider, she crapped herself, and she was wearing white jeans.
This bloke gave her his jumper to tie around her waist, very gentlemanly i thought, chances are he wont be seeing that again.
She still went to the game though, so credit were its due.

Whiskers

Miss Angelic ;)
Reaction score
Football has been crazy all weekend who'd of thought man u and Liverpool would lose by so much :(

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
At the Arsenal game last night, The goalkeeper took the throw in! Has that ever happened before?

casiquaire

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
the standing ovation Ronaldinho got from the Real Madrid supporters in 2005...............marco van bastens goal against germany in 1988 euros.............clarence seedorf laserbeam against Atletico in 1997..............zidanes goal against leverkusen in the 2002 champions league final

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Lia Thomas.
Nominated for NCAA Women of the year.

:rolleyes:

Back