Would you accept a chip implant?

M

mrbell1984

There would be some major questions I would ask before getting it. What was the chip going to be used for (If it was for ID ONLY) I would be happy to get it. If it's anything like Facebook and tracks you on every move, what you are listening too, what food you have purchased, what time you travel e.t.c then your data sent for analysis no chance! lol

TheatreLover81

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
No thanks, that idea doesn't appeal to me at all. I already have metal inside my body, I don't need any more thanks!

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
I'll take a chip if i can wash it down with curry sauce.

kebabby1

The nicest lady in chat.!! * WINKS*
Reaction score
does the chip come with fish? if so i'll have a large piece of haddock please ;)

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Lol Kebabby <3

TacoTimmy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay so there are multiple ways these types of RFID chips can work. I'm simplifying here.
  • Reply with a serial # to anyone who asks. ex: Pet microchip
  • Calculate a cryptographic value. Ex: Contactless payment
  • Calculate a cryptographic value and only respond if the correct key is given (rarest).
I would only implant the third type. And only if I was under full control over the keys required to make it respond, which I should have the capability to rotate without removing the implant.

This way it would be *my* device for *my* convenience. And nobody could use it without my permission.

B

Bad_Influence

Anyone even contemplating allowing someone to implant a chip into their head needs to read the Jane Hawk series of books by Dean Koontz, or The Manchurian Candidate. The possibilities are potentially wonderful, but also potentially horrific.... to trust that these chips would only be used for beneficial purposes is beyond naive.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
The scary truth about Rfid implants is kept far from public knowledge. One day, in the not too distant future, people wont just accept an Rfid Implant....They will DEMAND one. Much like a Mobile phone, they will want the 'Best' one on the market and they will willingly PAY for it.;)

That's the scary part. !!

TheDalaiDrama

Scum of the Earth!
Reaction score
Hello. I would like the implant that turns me into a cyborg... yes I'm okay with cyborg babies. Yes I know the Bible. I'll light a candle...

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Hello. I would like the implant that turns me into a cyborg... yes I'm okay with cyborg babies. Yes I know the Bible. I'll light a candle...

You Don't need an Implant....You already tick all those boxes...;)

Back