Women and sports

Slayer

Al-Qur'an 2:21.
Reaction score
Watching or participating?

Tubs

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
I think if they're participating then they must be really into it lol.... watching...hmm..not soo much lol

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Why do women hate sports ?
I dislike football since the player's seem to think they really special. and they not .
I suffer watching matches because man love's footie . but then same can be said about me liking cricket i enjoy 20/20 matches .
My two daughters love rugby , and one other loves boxing [i hate it].
a son that like car rallying.

Slayer

Al-Qur'an 2:21.
Reaction score
I think if they're participating then they must be really into it lol.... watching...hmm..not soo much lol

Playing a sport is a thousand times better than watching that same sport ^^
I personally don't watch sports unless it's cricket championship or sth

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score

People like different things in life.

I don't see this as a true statement but just maybe the people you know.

I know Nascar has many female fans.

D

Deadpool

How sexist! Lol. Im not a massive fan myself. Football, golf, snooker etc do absolutely nothing for me.
So, Tubs. What is your reason?

B

Bad_Influence

I was going to offer Women’s football as proof that some women do like sport.... but I’ve watched it, it’s not really sport is it? :D:D:p

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
Rather a disparaging question when you consider that many women both enjoy participating and watching a wide variety of sports.
However, from personal experience, I don't think that women are as passionate about watching sport, live or on television, and are therefore more vocal about disliking sport than men.
As for commenting on how women compare with men sportswise, I firmly believe they do not, on ANY level ... but that is another matter for debate. :)

jenarator202

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I do not think women hate sports, there are many sports that Women watch and participate in. For instance Tennis, mixed doubles and Ladies singles, always enjoyable to watch, just as much as the Men's singles. Darts is another one, however, it is not as well televised as the Men's darts but they are on the same par as Men and taking an example from personal experience, my local Social Club had a Women's team and they had a bigger following consisting of both men and women. In fact, it had a bigger following than the Men's Dart Team. I myself played in a pool team, the team consisted of both Men and Women and we did very well within the County Championships too. I myself enjoy watching most sports except for Football!

Billyliar

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
The intresting thing is, look at any football stadium crowd from, the 1940s or 1950s,
there are plenty of women, with the soliders and sailors.
Was more of a family thing then.
Hey i was given 3 weeks to live yesterday, im going to spend it watching womens football, hopefully seem like 3 years then.
Back to my point, you didnt get many women at football grounds, in the 70s, 80s, or 90s..
Im thinking about getting a petition up to get women banned.

Billyliar

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
My ex often got mistaken for a sports star.
She did look like jocky wilson to be fair.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Women protest too much !!!

*Was last seen running like Road Runner*

meep meep!

IglooLass

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I bet theres not many men in here will take me on out on the camogie/hurling field, its where i turn green , grow 3 feet taller and bust out of my clothes. They`ll all run off in fright with their hands covering their bejabbers

PandaKing

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Did you see the player touch up the female linesperson? They would never do that if it was a guy, bit cringe.

Back