Will it ever come back into fashion?

S

Saphire

No matter your age, you probably miss some things that are no longer in vogue.

Emails and texts, telephone calls, they all have their place in this fast living society we live in.
But actually sitting down, writing words with a pen onto paper, sealing them in an envelope, buying a stamp, then posting that letter, all took thought.
Receiving a handwritten letter, either one you have longed for, or an unexpected one, was a lot more satisfying than opening an Email.

Who wants an electronic love letter anyway?

S

Saphire

Black patent stilettos....dressy, classy, and my footwear of choice (once)
Even if they ever do come back into fashion, I am so used to wearing shoes and sandals for comfort, I doubt I could walk in them nowadays. :mad:

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
On my Edwardian roll-top writing desk :cool: There's a special built-in place for pens. I keep my fountain pen there, unfortunately, it very rarely gets used. I can't remember the last time I wrote a letter. Oh for those bygone days when you wrote on the back of an envelope S.W.A.L.K, H.O.L.L.A.N.D etc :)

S

Saphire

On my Edwardian roll-top writing desk :cool: There's a special built-in place for pens. I keep my fountain pen there, unfortunately, it very rarely gets used. I can't remember the last time I wrote a letter. Oh for those bygone days when you wrote on the back of an envelope S.W.A.L.K, H.O.L.L.A.N.D etc :)
I like the sound of your Edwardian roll-top writing desk. :cool: And fountain pens, another item rarely seen in everyday use now.

I remember the SWALK message, and love letters....Valentine cards are about the nearest thing to receiving something passionate nowadays in the post , but they are filled with other people words, not your own.

S

Saphire

My handwriting is, as often the case with left-handed people, atrocious, so personally I’m glad I can now use a multitude of devices to convey my thoughts.:p:p:p
That's not so important though, not in my opinion anyway.
The time one takes to actually write and send a letter is more important than the handwriting.

S

Saphire

You can't be that bad surely.
My son is left handed and his writing is OK.

BronzeSquirrel

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Black patent stilettos....dressy, classy, and my footwear of choice (once)
Even if they ever do come back into fashion, I am so used to wearing shoes and sandals for comfort, I doubt I could walk in them nowadays. :mad:

I remember trotting around in those with a pencil skirt, seamed stockings and a peplum jacket. I was in my Roxy Music phase. :p

BronzeSquirrel

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Well then you were brainwashed.
No adult woman who is size 8 is anything but tiny.
A size 8 now was more like a ten back then. Which was pretty normal for most girls. You rarely saw a fat person. Male or female.

S

Saphire

A size 8 now was more like a ten back then. Which was pretty normal for most girls. You rarely saw a fat person. Male or female.
That is so true.
Thinking back to my youth, I only knew ONE girl who was overweight....and that poor girl got so much stick.
Nowadays she would be probably be in the majority.

BronzeSquirrel

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
That is so true.
Thinking back to my youth, I only knew ONE girl who was overweight....and that poor girl got so much stick.
Nowadays she would be probably be in the majority.
Which is really quite unsettling. But don't get me started on the food chain issues.

BronzeSquirrel

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I wonder if Cadbury's chocolate will ever make a come back. What they've sunk into isn't chocolate, it's a sugary mass of shite. I had a Cadbury's Roses chocolate the other day someone offered me. It tasted awful.

S

Saphire

Which is really quite unsettling. But don't get me started on the food chain issues.
Well one reason there were no MacDonalds and fast food chains back in the day.
And mothers actually cooked food from scratch. :oops:

Family mealtimes, where everyone sat round the table and ate the same food, that's another thing that seems to have gone out of fashion.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I like the sound of your Edwardian roll-top writing desk.
It's practically a family heirloom. :) I'm not quite sure how I got stuck with it, But it has lots of little drawers and cubby holes for all your stuff. I'll take a picture when I get a chance

Back