Why has the term "program" been replaced by "App" ?

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I don`t know if i have this correct but i can`t see why all new programs are now "apps" with the term program vanishing . Yet more of our language being corrupted by the Internet ?.Answers please on a "cloud" ?.

B

Bad_Influence

I don`t know if i have this correct but i can`t see why all new programs are now "apps" with the term program vanishing . Yet more of our language being corrupted by the Internet ?.Answers please on a "cloud" ?.

A computer program is a set of instructions that can be executed on a computer. An application is software that directly helps a user perform tasks. The two intersect, but are not synonymous.

So no, you don’t have it correct.

It’s amazing what you can find out if you look.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
A computer program is a set of instructions that can be executed on a computer. An application is software that directly helps a user perform tasks. The two intersect, but are not synonymous.

So no, you don’t have it correct.

It’s amazing what you can find out if you look.
Thank you ,it`s sometimes easier to ask someone in forums who has knowledge of what one requires.

B

Bad_Influence

Thank you ,it`s sometimes easier to ask someone in forums who has knowledge of what one requires.

That’s true I suppose, and it gives them the opportunity to make you look stupid, so that’s a bonus.

Whiskers

Miss Angelic ;)
Reaction score
Just remember....season of goodwill and all that:D

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Can i come around for cake whiskers:)

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Gingers never do i prefer a scone hurry up :)

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
SHES weird tho tinks is she your sister :)

Back