Why do we get bored

TheBabayaga

Life is but a Dream within a dream
Reaction score
This has puzzled me for some time now, why is it we get bored. Animals they just get on with things, in the wild I mean, yet we humans tend to get fed up..but why, is it because of the day to day mundane boring commute to work [ thank fully I dont have] or having to do repetative tasks, somtimes talking with someone you dont get on with does bore you, but why is this...Maybe this world isnt designed for us to get what we want not truly......maybe thats why spouses cheat, maybe thats why sheep get sheared..........ok why do you think it is...

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
This has puzzled me for some time now, why is it we get bored. Animals they just get on with things, in the wild I mean, yet we humans tend to get fed up..but why, is it because of the day to day mundane boring commute to work [ thank fully I dont have] or having to do repetative tasks, somtimes talking with someone you dont get on with does bore you, but why is this...Maybe this world isnt designed for us to get what we want not truly......maybe thats why spouses cheat, maybe thats why sheep get sheared..........ok why do you think it is...
My Cat doesn`t get bored . He just sleeps all day ! haha. he goes out when it`s dark hunting for Mice etc i guess,but comes in before we go to bed .The only other times he goes outside is when he wants the loo !...straight back in and on our bed asleep until t gets dark again :).

Back