Who is you favorite Actor/Actress

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I do prefer the actors from the glory days of Hollywood, especially Humphrey Bogart and William Holden (what a voice that man had). Of today's crowd my favourite is Brad Pitt, not just for his looks, but he can act. You know who was very underrated as an actor? Frank Sinatra. That man could really act, try and catch him in the original version of 'The Manchurian Candidate'.

MikieB

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
For pure cool factor alone, Samuel L Jackson. James McVoy and Jake Gyllenhall are genuinely good actors.
As for the ladies (even tho aren't that all known as actors these days?) Zoe Saldana is good and Charlise Theron

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
How can you possibly dismiss any of the great actors of the Golden Age of cinema?
None of today's actors will EVER compare, and they know it.
I always loved Cary Grant's nonchalant charm and poise. Plus, he was a terrific comedy actor.
Humphrey Bogart was the epitome of cool. He is also one of the highest ranked in most international polls.
Others worth a mention are James Stewart, Burt Lancaster, Gregory Peck, Spencer Tracy and Orson Welles.
I have to say that I was never a fan of Marlon Brando, Robert Mitchum or Paul Newman.
Peter Sellers, Alec Guinness, John Mills, Richard Burton and James Mason and are among my favourite British actors.
I'd also like to mention that there are some near-misses, like Harry Andrews and Jack Palance.
And, finally, I must mention Charlton Heston because he starred in more noteworthy epics than any other actor, many of which are among my personal favourites.

Back