Who and why?

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Who do you think should be our next prime Minister?
Boris got off to a great start but has rather faltered with the detail of running a country, a Brexit and a pandemic.
I cannot think of anyone who might have handled things better.
I fear for the future.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I didn’t know Boris was going anywhere.

Eventually?
I see that Maggie has been voted, by both young and old, as the prime minister of recent years they would prefer to sort out the mess, which, considering the hatred she was held in by many, is rather startling.

B

Bad_Influence

Eventually?
I see that Maggie has been voted, by both young and old, as the prime minister of recent years they would prefer to sort out the mess, which, considering the hatred she was held in by many, is rather startling.

I couldn’t agree more. She would have been stronger than Boris, I’m sure. That said he’s done as well as anyone could have under the circumstances. It’s all too easy to scream and shout that he could have done this or that when we aren’t the ones making the decisions. He can’t please all the people all the time.
Yes he’s made mistakes that have cost lives, but no matter the choice he made it was going to cost lives, unfortunately that’s the nature of this virus and that has been the same for every country... hindsight vision it 20/20.

As for who is next, as long as it’s a Conservative, I don’t mind. The rest would break this country.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Boris......forgive me. That I doubted you.
I fear that the blitz of media criticism you have been subject to got to me. The world seemed to be against you, were indeed making you into a figure of fun. And you seemed to help them.
I should have known better. I should have known that under the disguise of your clowning was a keen intelligence and a will of steel.
Your record speaks for you and your latest triumph, done when all said it could not be done, is the cream on a very superior cake.
May you enjoy a happier new year.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Don'e get me wrong, I like Boris, but Boris will only do what's best for Boris. He's not really a Brexiteer, If he'd supported the Remainers in the referendum there would have been no path to him becoming prime minister, so he led the Leave campaign, and the rest is history ;)

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Don'e get me wrong, I like Boris, but Boris will only do what's best for Boris. He's not really a Brexiteer, If he'd supported the Remainers in the referendum there would have been no path to him becoming prime minister, so he led the Leave campaign, and the rest is history ;)
And happily...what's best for Boris is best for us! :D

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I would vote who ever was best for uk ....don't matter what party tho at present cant see beyond conservatives

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Oh! Boris! You do try ones patience!
How can you not see that a load of schoolkids nipping all over the place is not good for our general health; never mind that of those that teach them.
And then there are the parents and Gparents to consider.
For heavens sake close all the schools and be done with it. The kids can come again next year. A one year delay is not too bad a thing.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Oh! Boris! You do try ones patience!
How can you not see that a load of schoolkids nipping all over the place is not good for our general health; never mind that of those that teach them.
And then there are the parents and Gparents to consider.
For heavens sake close all the schools and be done with it. The kids can come again next year. A one year delay is not too bad a thing.
Wow! Do you think he reads these column's? :eek:

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Look to his family history.
Eugenics?

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Who do you think should be our next prime Minister?
Boris got off to a great start but has rather faltered with the detail of running a country, a Brexit and a pandemic.
I cannot think of anyone who might have handled things better.
I fear for the future.

Sir Kier Starmer.

Only one there with a good head on his shoulders, Labour WILL win the next election with Him on board.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Interesting piece in the Mail today by a German media baron.
He deplores the state The EU is in with regard to Corona. It appears all the 26 factions are fighting each other over who gets the vaccinations, consequently all have had very little. Thus France so far has managed only some 30.000 vaccinations compared to the UK with nearly one and a half million. Germany has done less and so has the rest of Europe.
He says that compared to those ruling Europe he, our Boris, is a tactical genius.
The world is not laughing at him now!

B

Bad_Influence

People are often misguided thinking Mr Bean is a stupid person (yes, character, I know he's not real...) but when you look at what he does and think about it, he's actually smart... but anyway... lots of people do not like Starmer because he's just a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Starmer is just Tony Blair. Great at being an opposition leader because he doesn’t actually have the big decisions to make, he can just show up and whinge that everyone else is fecking it up. He is more a sheep in wolf’s clothing.

Back