What does this mean?

MrsBing

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
What does it mean when you use chat and just have a little fun here but never lie, just occasionally tell a silly story you immediately explain was just a bit of banter because the room is slow...

...and another chatter - admittedly themselves a little slow, not too clued up about understanding people / human nature / contexts - has a huge go, suggesting the aforesaid banter is actually a sign of some mental weakness / deficiency and you should maybe get some rest (all this alarmingly in full view of all), and goes on and on about it...

...then, when (perhaps foolishly - no, DEFINITELY foolishly), you RANT about it later in the room, expecting everyone to think this person is a cockerel, you learn that, in actual fact, they believe it is YOUR fault for not realising this is not real life and it shouldn't affect you negatively...

...and it is suggested again that perhaps YOU should leave chat altogether if 'these things' bother you so much (am not denying it - I'm bothered to hell about this - reputationally disastrous).

I think to be called mentally unstable, to be told my silly stories offend, hurt, damage and bully is a little much, especially when all I intend is to offer a little silliness and lightheartedness. When your work is responsible and important and it is vital you are absolutely of sound mind and ethics, then such mindless and unfounded bullying and accusation WILL affect you.

17 years of chat, and only now do I experience first-hand how competitive and jealous people here are. But you can't argue with stupid.

Do a stressful job for a day; save a life; make someone happy; do something selfless once. THEN become a crusader and patronising arse. And do it to someone else. I will never do it to you, so don't do it to me.

I think it is fair to say I expect others to be reasonable and thoughtful and humorous and intelligent. I now understand this in itself is not a reasonable expectation. These are tough times. Think about how you speak to and of others!

Ahhhh. Whinge over!

Tell them to **** right off! You're a lovely woman, always have been. Jealousy consumes these narcissists.

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Personal i dont see anyone being friendly by said person in fact most ignore him

Well said cookie :)

Back