What does this mean?

kian_dufner

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Back when i was at school I was doing my work and when I looked up I saw the girl i liked looking at me & smiling then she looked down at my collarbone while smiling. then she looked up at my face again and she was still smiling so I looked away. Then later when I was talking to one of my friend & I couldn't really hear him cause I had my headphones on & he said elvin did you hear what I said & i said no. Then I heard her saying that I crack her up and said that I was quiet but funny. later she was talking to my friend who i was talking to and told him that I'm quiet but funny.

Billyliar

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Hmmm its a toughie alright elvin!
Last year in the summer, i had 8 pints of stella in a bar, and decided to knock on my exs door.
Id not seen her in 8 years and i was blind drunk, cant recall much about it, but i do no i didnt get the response id hoped.
Contact her elvs, dont let the moment pass.,
Feel free to update me, im good for advice.
If possible, before 1pm. i may start drinking then.
Good luck

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
Back when i was at school I was doing my work and when I looked up I saw the girl i liked looking at me & smiling then she looked down at my collarbone while smiling. then she looked up at my face again and she was still smiling so I looked away. Then later when I was talking to one of my friend & I couldn't really hear him cause I had my headphones on & he said elvin did you hear what I said & i said no. Then I heard her saying that I crack her up and said that I was quiet but funny. later she was talking to my friend who i was talking to and told him that I'm quiet but funny.

The 'moral of the tale' is …. NEVER wear headphones at school!
Next chatter with retrograde angst, please ….

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Was there a question there?

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
What does it mean when you use chat and just have a little fun here but never lie, just occasionally tell a silly story you immediately explain was just a bit of banter because the room is slow...

...and another chatter - admittedly themselves a little slow, not too clued up about understanding people / human nature / contexts - has a huge go, suggesting the aforesaid banter is actually a sign of some mental weakness / deficiency and you should maybe get some rest (all this alarmingly in full view of all), and goes on and on about it...

...then, when (perhaps foolishly - no, DEFINITELY foolishly), you RANT about it later in the room, expecting everyone to think this person is a cockerel, you learn that, in actual fact, they believe it is YOUR fault for not realising this is not real life and it shouldn't affect you negatively...

...and it is suggested again that perhaps YOU should leave chat altogether if 'these things' bother you so much (am not denying it - I'm bothered to hell about this - reputationally disastrous).

I think to be called mentally unstable, to be told my silly stories offend, hurt, damage and bully is a little much, especially when all I intend is to offer a little silliness and lightheartedness. When your work is responsible and important and it is vital you are absolutely of sound mind and ethics, then such mindless and unfounded bullying and accusation WILL affect you.

17 years of chat, and only now do I experience first-hand how competitive and jealous people here are. But you can't argue with stupid.

Do a stressful job for a day; save a life; make someone happy; do something selfless once. THEN become a crusader and patronising arse. And do it to someone else. I will never do it to you, so don't do it to me.

I think it is fair to say I expect others to be reasonable and thoughtful and humorous and intelligent. I now understand this in itself is not a reasonable expectation. These are tough times. Think about how you speak to and of others!

Ahhhh. Whinge over!

BasildonBond

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
What does it mean when you use chat and just have a little fun here but never lie, just occasionally tell a silly story you immediately explain was just a bit of banter because the room is slow...

...and another chatter - admittedly themselves a little slow, not too clued up about understanding people / human nature / contexts - has a huge go, suggesting the aforesaid banter is actually a sign of some mental weakness / deficiency and you should maybe get some rest (all this alarmingly in full view of all), and goes on and on about it...

...then, when (perhaps foolishly - no, DEFINITELY foolishly), you RANT about it later in the room, expecting everyone to think this person is a cockerel, you learn that, in actual fact, they believe it is YOUR fault for not realising this is not real life and it shouldn't affect you negatively...

...and it is suggested again that perhaps YOU should leave chat altogether if 'these things' bother you so much (am not denying it - I'm bothered to hell about this - reputationally disastrous).

I think to be called mentally unstable, to be told my silly stories offend, hurt, damage and bully is a little much, especially when all I intend is to offer a little silliness and lightheartedness. When your work is responsible and important and it is vital you are absolutely of sound mind and ethics, then such mindless and unfounded bullying and accusation WILL affect you.

17 years of chat, and only now do I experience first-hand how competitive and jealous people here are. But you can't argue with stupid.

Do a stressful job for a day; save a life; make someone happy; do something selfless once. THEN become a crusader and patronising arse. And do it to someone else. I will never do it to you, so don't do it to me.

I think it is fair to say I expect others to be reasonable and thoughtful and humorous and intelligent. I now understand this in itself is not a reasonable expectation. These are tough times. Think about how you speak to and of others!

Ahhhh. Whinge over!
In many ways, I'm glad I wasn't present in the room when this "trolling" happened. If I had been, I would most certainly have stood up in no uncertain terms for one of the most innately decent individuals I have come across in many years of chatting in such forums. I'm shocked that if there were other people in the room at the time who have, like me, become your online friend, and valued the intelligence and wonderful humour you bring to chat, that no-one spoke out in your defence. I guess, if nothing else, you get to know who your real friends are. It shouldn't take long in a chatroom for instinct to tell you what an individual is all about, even though you don't know them in anything but a virtual sense. I think I know the type of person you are (I trust my instincts) and that there isn't an ounce of malice in anything you say. Whoever trolled you just lacked any awareness, any kind of instinct about who you really are. I actually feel quite sad for them that they haven't got the ability to see it. So please, no need to beat yourself up about this at all. It was one errant individual that got to you...not bad in 17 years of chatting! And remember, in the way they behaved, maybe there was more than just an element of the "green eyed monster" at work last night.

Last edited:

MikieB

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I don't know supercookie well and I don't know of the above incident but I've seen the like.
People can get heavily involved in their chat world it seems. Protective, jealous and a whole gamut of emotions.
Immunity from repercussions and isolated by incognito can embolden some people...
Others are just arseholes given free license by places such as this to be just that... Wash for 20 seconds and move on

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Ah... very kind. I didn't want to fish. I just wanted to vent!
In many ways, I'm glad I wasn't present in the room when this "trolling" happened. If I had been, I would most certainly have stood up in no uncertain terms for one of the most innately decent individuals I have come across in many years of chatting in such forums. I'm shocked that if there were other people in the room at the time who have, like me, become your online friend, and valued the intelligence and wonderful humour you bring to chat, that no-one spoke out in your defence. I guess, if nothing else, you get to know who your real friends are. It shouldn't take long in a chatroom for instinct to tell you what an individual is all about, even though you don't know them in anything but a virtual sense. I think I know the type of person you are (I trust my instincts) and that there isn't an ounce of malice in anything you say. Whoever trolled you just lacked any awareness, any kind of instinct about who you really are. I actually feel quite sad for them that they haven't got the ability to see it. So please, no need to beat yourself up about this at all. It was one errant individual that got to you...not bad in 17 years of chatting! And remember, in the way they behaved, maybe there was more than just an element of the "green eyed monster" at work last night.
I am incredibly glad right now I didn't tell you about the time I pushed a giraffe over, nor that time I stole a bus and drove it into that pond of ducks. Oh! The quacking! But that's another story...

Keep thinking I'm good!:D:D:D

x

WickedPerdition

Reaction score

Ahhhh. Whinge over!

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
….. and then you woke up!!! ???

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
I'm shocked that if there were other people in the room at the time who have, like me, become your online friend, and valued the intelligence and wonderful humour you bring to chat, that no-one spoke out in your defence.

Personally, I would never consider ANYONE an 'online friend' unless I had known them for at least a year. NOT to mention that a mutually consensual friendship was, in fact, in existence.
Some people are too ready to consider other chatters as their friends.
Let's be realistic, uh?

BasildonBond

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I'm shocked that if there were other people in the room at the time who have, like me, become your online friend, and valued the intelligence and wonderful humour you bring to chat, that no-one spoke out in your defence.

Personally, I would never consider ANYONE an 'online friend' unless I had known them for at least a year. NOT to mention that a mutually consensual friendship was, in fact, in existence.
Let's be realistic, uh?
I couldn't agree more...I'm SUCH a tart! Consider myself well and truly told off! BIG LOL

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
Just as well that I didn't dissect anything else you quoted there. :cool:

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score

Let's be realistic, uh?
Noooo, these are not 'friends' in the way we would usually consider a friend, perchance. And a year or three or twelvety makes little difference. Friend or not, it is always rubbish to see the sh** side of humans. Just a bit of humanity or good ethics are sometimes required, rather than any form of 'friendliness'. That's all I would hope to see. Just a little less shitness.

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
Noooo, these are not 'friends' in the way we would usually consider a friend, perchance.

It is far easier to deduce who your 'friends' are as opposed to your enemies. Online, or otherwise.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score

I am incredibly glad right now I didn't tell you about the time I pushed a giraffe over, nor that time I stole a bus and drove it into that pond of ducks. Oh! The quacking! But that's another story...

x

x
OH! SC! How banal.Is that all you got?

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
On line friends are the people you can joke with. argue with. have fun with because you have come to 'know' them'.
But don't do too far: because you don't know them, not really.
I've not been on here long and I have no friends yet, nor enemies.
I know from past experience that it takes a while to find your feet on a message board.
I am still standing!

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
On line friends are the people you can joke with. argue with. have fun with because you have come to 'know' them'.
But don't do too far: because you don't know them, not really.
I've not been on here long and I have no friends yet, nor enemies.
I know from past experience that it takes a while to find your feet on a message board.
I am still standing!

"i'm standing here ..... ain't going down no more"

Back