What did YOU do TODAY?.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
My day starts at 6AM. I get to work at 6:30 ish.

A cuppa tea and a chat then it's all hand on.

I replaced the rear brake shoes on a 44 Ton Tractor unit. Took 2 hours to get the wheel nuts off. Seized on the buggers.

A 44 Ton Tractor Unit looks a bit like this.

show_800.threecops1jpeg.jpeg

That took until 1PM to finish. Then I got called out to fix a Brand New JCB3 CX. The driver got the rear legs stuck in the Down position and didn't know how to get them back up again.!

This is a JCB3 CX.

BHL-3CX-ECO-STAGE-V-1-Back702x459.jpg

This is what I have been doing today.

What about You?.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Great thread!
Today? Came out of work at 9am, been there since 9pm. Don't ask me what it was like because I don't want to think about that place till I have to go back in through the door. It's my own fault, been doing extra shifts but it's a waste of time, you just get hammered for tax. I'm thinking of going part-time soon, and I can then spend more time on this site. :) Anyway today, first stop was Morrisons, then the Freezer shop, but couldn't get parked :mad: so had to swing round to Farmfoods. Got home. Played with the cat, coffee then breakfast. Logged on to check my mail, concoct/plagiarise/cobble together some poetry/limericks and of course get my forum fix. I shall soon be retiring to bed. Exciting life huh? :rolleyes:

S

Saphire

Great thread!
Today? Came out of work at 9am, been there since 9pm. Don't ask me what it was like because I don't want to think about that place till I have to go back in through the door. It's my own fault, been doing extra shifts but it's a waste of time, you just get hammered for tax. I'm thinking of going part-time soon, and I can then spend more time on this site. :) Anyway today, first stop was Morrisons, then the Freezer shop, but couldn't get parked :mad: so had to swing round to Farmfoods. Got home. Played with the cat, coffee then breakfast. Logged on to check my mail, concoct/plagiarise/cobble together some poetry/limericks and of course get my forum fix. I shall soon be retiring to bed. Exciting life huh? :rolleyes:
I felt tired just reading your post. o_O

C

CrazyCatLady

Sorted my garden out, vacuumed, cleaned 6 cat trays out about 100 times (because cats have the ability to constantly sh** & piss), celebrated day 7 of not smoking and successfully avoided murdering anyone. However, I cannot guarantee that day 8 of abstinence will be murder free, seeing as I'm back at work tomorrow.

PennyDreadful2

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Wrote and posted a new post for my niche themed blog.
Washed up the dishes ect.
Almost let myself be consumed by a veil of deep dispair. When I say consumed, I mean not coping with personal matters properly.
Nagged a friend about his heavy smoking - your money, my lungs mate!

Dolores

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Heavy smokers are so difficult to be convinced to quit. They do understand the damage, but as every addiction, they somehow justifying it.
I'm having the same with my mom for ages...

casiquaire

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
i can only speak from personal experience with my old vices and old self sabotaging behaviours, you cant whinge at, moan at or harass people into giving them up or changing, it just doesnt work, they have to come to it in their own time and realise that the pros outweigh the cons and that their choices come with consequences and whether they are prepared to accept and take accountability for those consequences by the choices they are making. People will always attempt to justify their vices by turning excuses into reasons for them. It often only takes 1 thing for people to change and its often through a major revelation in their lives and you cant always dictate what that will be unfortunately.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Woke up at 2am, made my bed, showered and got ready for a 3am call.
Went through how we should be monitering the way users use a site I work on for an hour.

Logged into said site and cleared 3 maps done by users covering various war zones.
Waited to see if the other 4 corrected thier maps, they did.

Posted the maps off to the Red Cross and MSF, hope they do some good.
7am by now, so time to check e-mails.

Oh, parcel due today, nice, load cell pedal for my racing rig.
Time to check the youtubes..

Watched a navel history documentry on the Battle of Narvik, watched a few current affairs news pieces.
Checked some news sites, both mainstream and not.
Now its about 10am.

During this time I have spoken to my mam twice and my best mate.

Farted about online for a couple of hours, reading about quantum mechanics and why my stomach bloats up badly after I eat.
Dinner time, microwaved the Pizza I ordered last night, possible expination for why my stomach bloats up.

1pm, went for a walk round the football fields behind where I live, thinking again "I should get a dog".

2pm, spent about an hour looking at rescue homes, they all charge at least £150, wtf.

3-5pm, listened to some more history lectures, but wondered what that strange noise was I kept hearing, it was me snoring, how wierd is that?

Woke up, got ate the remnants of yesterdays pizza (it tastes to good to waste)

6pm till 8pm, argued about whether to get some beer in, while watching more current event videos, talking to my ex and figuring out wtf I am going to do with my life.

8pm, thought feck it, went to the shop, got some beer and here we are.

Oh it's nearly 2am, guess time flies when your having fun :)

At least I have a day off tomorrow, er, today.

Bored yet?

Ingrid1965

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
My day starts at 6AM. I get to work at 6:30 ish.

A cuppa tea and a chat then it's all hand on.

I replaced the rear brake shoes on a 44 Ton Tractor unit. Took 2 hours to get the wheel nuts off. Seized on the buggers.

A 44 Ton Tractor Unit looks a bit like this.

View attachment 8881

That took until 1PM to finish. Then I got called out to fix a Brand New JCB3 CX. The driver got the rear legs stuck in the Down position and didn't know how to get them back up again.!

This is a JCB3 CX.

View attachment 8882

This is what I have been doing today.

What about You?.
If I tell you know it too :D :)

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Up bright and early today on my day off, to do something exciting? I wish! Had an appointment at the skip, or the waste recycling village, as they now call it. :rolleyes: Yes, you have to make an appointment these days to dump your rubbish. Arrived promptly on time, to join a huge queue. Clearly the new system has broken down, Can we blame Putin for this? :) (sorry, I forgot you can't jest about that) :rolleyes: Came home, spent nearly an hour on Vinted trying to sort out a Hermes delivery. Though I note they've changed their name, it's more than their name they need to change. Since then I've been basking in the garden making the most of our summer, wasn't a cloud in the sky. And yes, I bet this IS our summer. Now spending an hour on here before I start the tea. What mundane lives we all lead, It's great to share though. :cool:

S

Saphire

Got up, made breakfast, sorted out garden furniture cushions....( they were hidden under Christmas decorations in storeroom)....sunbathed.
Light lunch.
Gardened for a couple of hours....sunbathed.
Had visitors, opened a bottle of Prosecco and prepared tapas.
Cooked evening meal, watched a bit of TV, logged online for half an hour, off to bed soon.

Back