What am i missing ?

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
The latest assault on older people comes from the group who are whinging about the children who are ,so they claim ,are losing their lives through not being able to go to school. It might be a good time to remind some parents that education finished at 15 for most kids ! They didn`t get an extra 3 years in which to finish it .Unless they passed 11plus and went to a grammar school they went to work ,in office or factory. The only difference today is that they start work 3 years later so 12 months out of their education can`t really affect them too much. I know ,they love to mix with their mates and party a lot but at this time ,with Covid19 ,they also need to learn about Politics and what the whole world is fighting .
I`m sure most kids know this and are only to happy to stay at home and play on Xboxes etc ,plus a bit of learning .It`s the parents who want them at schools really ! so they can leave someone else to bring their kids up while they go to work( easy work) and have holidays abroad every month .
Now i await the searing personal remarks :)

B

Bad_Influence

Well here’s a first. I actually agree with most of that. However the bigger effect on kids I believe will be the social side. Kids need their peers, I know I’d have hated to be locked up with only my family for months.
I agree it’s the parents who want the kids in school, certainly not all but I’d guess the vast majority. Many people today wouldn’t know how to be a parent even if it came with a handbook. It’s become all too easy to leave discipline to schools, and then blame someone else when their kids turn out to be brats.
Again that’s not all parents, but far too many.

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
Well here’s a first. I actually agree with most of that. However the bigger effect on kids I believe will be the social side. Kids need their peers, I know I’d have hated to be locked up with only my family for months.
I agree it’s the parents who want the kids in school, certainly not all but I’d guess the vast majority. Many people today wouldn’t know how to be a parent even if it came with a handbook. It’s become all too easy to leave discipline to schools, and then blame someone else when their kids turn out to be brats.
Again that’s not all parents, but far too many.

May I just make a quick comment that I am very touched by the evident cordiality being shown by two members who were previously at distinct loggerheads in practically every topic debated in the Forums.
Perhaps, we are at last, witnessing proof of the pointlessness of bickering in this medium.

:)

B

Bad_Influence

May I just make a quick comment that I am very touched by the evident cordiality being shown by two members who were previously at distinct loggerheads in practically every topic debated in the Forums.
Perhaps, we are at last, witnessing proof of the pointlessness of bickering in this medium.

No you may not.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
[QUOTE="WickedPerdition,
:)[/QUOTE]

Somebody stole your Laptop ,

I'm gonna report that for you , i'll get on that right now.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
The latest assault on older people comes from the group who are whinging about the children who are ,so they claim ,are losing their lives through not being able to go to school. It might be a good time to remind some parents that education finished at 15 for most kids ! They didn`t get an extra 3 years in which to finish it .Unless they passed 11plus and went to a grammar school they went to work ,in office or factory. The only difference today is that they start work 3 years later so 12 months out of their education can`t really affect them too much. I know ,they love to mix with their mates and party a lot but at this time ,with Covid19 ,they also need to learn about Politics and what the whole world is fighting .
I`m sure most kids know this and are only to happy to stay at home and play on Xboxes etc ,plus a bit of learning .It`s the parents who want them at schools really ! so they can leave someone else to bring their kids up while they go to work( easy work) and have holidays abroad every month .
Now i await the searing personal remarks :)

Stop being affected by Opinions in a chat room ,

Yes kids are losing some vital education ,

Yes the older generation are being protected ,

These are the joys of living under a Government you voted for and they are doing their best with this bullshit ,

Stay Safe XD

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Stop being affected by Opinions in a chat room ,
Yes kids are losing some vital education ,​

Yes the older generation are being protected ,​

These are the joys of living under a Government you voted for and they are doing their best with this bullshit ,​

Stay Safe XD​

Chatroom opinions are just that mate. I`m more concerned when i see the reports on TV news ! Nobody actually says directly that the protection of old people here are to blame for the "loss" of education for our children but it`s there ,between the lines As i have said ,my generation were working at aged 15 and nobody that i know seemed to suffer any "loss" of education. Those who are more brainy will still be able to make up a year or so of so called "lost education". Too much emphasis on education in my opinion anyway. They can`t all end up as Brain surgeons or Astronauts eh ?. Someone has to do the manual work.
As an example about the education system now . One of our young(35 years old) neighbours have a 12 month old baby.. During the 1st lockdown both were Furloughed yet still they took the baby then to nursery !;( free btw ! )They didn`t even want to care for their own child . The man said to us he was happy on Furlough at 80% ;didn`t want to go back to work. (or look after their own child). Now lockdown is back again and still they are taking the child to nursery. Parenting today is more a case of "avoid parenting " , my opinion of course .

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
It's never going to be an ideal situation for anyone ,

My personal view is that we should never of come out of the 1st Lockdown , once that decision was taken it should have been followed through ,

I have zero faith in the Jab they are offering up and they are even contradicting themselves with the follow up booster jab that was so say needed 21 days later and mysteriously now it's ok to brush that aside ,

I'll guess it's only a tweaked "Flu Jab" anyway or else we would still only be part way through correct trials,

Sad state of affairs !

Yap Yap Yap ..

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I
It's never going to be an ideal situation for anyone ,

My personal view is that we should never of come out of the 1st Lockdown , once that decision was taken it should have been followed through ,

I have zero faith in the Jab they are offering up and they are even contradicting themselves with the follow up booster jab that was so say needed 21 days later and mysteriously now it's ok to brush that aside ,

I'll guess it's only a tweaked "Flu Jab" anyway or else we would still only be part way through correct trials,

Sad state of affairs !

Yap Yap Yap ..
must confess that i`m having 2nd thoughts about the Vaccines now . Watching the older people on TV news yesterday they seem to be elated that they will be back to normal once having the jab but is this true ?. The jab ,how i read it ,gives the person some immunity against Covid19 ;enough that they won`t get ill and die with it but they think ( tell me i`m wrong ! please") that they can go back to mixing with their families, not wearing masks etc as in the old days ,prior to Covid. So what is the real truth ?. Maybe it`s best to stay in lockdown until the answers are given to us in full.

Last edited:

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Tbh no one wants to work in a lockdown if they can help it why would they :)
Tbh nobody wants to work full stop ! Lockdown or not. It`s a simple fact of life though that 99.9% of us have to work for some time in order to live. Win Lottery and then you have the perfect solution :).

Fiona

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I

must confess that i`m having 2nd thoughts about the Vaccines now . Watching the older people on TV news yesterday they seem to be elated that they will be back to normal once having the jab but is this true ?. The jab ,how i read it ,gives the person some immunity against Covid19 ;enough that they won`t get ill and die with it but they think ( tell me i`m wrong ! please") that they can go back to mixing with their families, not wearing masks etc as in the old days ,prior to Covid. So what is the real truth ?. Maybe it`s best to stay in lockdown until the answers are given to us in full.
I don’t think they know that yet Hells, I’m watching the Liaison Committee and Boris has just had this question put to him. He can’t give an answer on transmission until he has “data”

B

Bad_Influence

The vaccine does not prevent you from contracting or spreading the virus, it just (hopefully) prevents you getting ill enough to be hospitalised.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score

The pointlessness is emphasised by the fact that of 2 threads which i was involved in ,one being my own , several members actually took my side ( a rare event !) and for that the threads have been deleted ! :D

MrPaperclip

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I by no means defend the actions of britons youngsters however knowing how unruled I was at that age I can't deny the fact I may have acted the same.

I wouldn't dear act like today's kids are in This pandemic however I was never given that problem to deal with so who knows what I would have done.

I also believe that we have systems in place to control the populus and if the government want to enforce and hold our hands In the way we should conduct ourselves as respectable human beings it's them who should be responsible for the break down of this system that we are all expected to follow

B

Bad_Influence

I by no means defend the actions of britons youngsters however knowing how unruled I was at that age I can't deny the fact I may have acted the same.

I wouldn't dear act like today's kids are in This pandemic however I was never given that problem to deal with so who knows what I would have done.

I also believe that we have systems in place to control the populus and if the government want to enforce and hold our hands In the way we should conduct ourselves as respectable human beings it's them who should be responsible for the break down of this system that we are all expected to follow

And do you believe the mollycoddled youth of today would happily just sit back and have their hands held by the govt?
No, they would March through the streets, with placards paid for by Momentum, burning and looting, chanting that the govt have no right to protect the public from them. They (not all but still too many), have proved they can’t be trusted to take this pandemic seriously.

MrPaperclip

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
And do you believe the mollycoddled youth of today would happily just sit back and have their hands held by the govt?
No, they would March through the streets, with placards paid for by Momentum, burning and looting, chanting that the govt have no right to protect the public from them. They (not all but still too many), have proved they can’t be trusted to take this pandemic seriously.

I live in england and our issues though vast do not extend to this.

I'm sorry you have to face it

Back