UNWANTED FOLLOWERS!

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
why would you want to follow any one? , why not a friends button instead

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Beemovie........I would never follow, look for or reply to any of your daft postings either here or in rooms. So stop your dopey stalking of me and get lost . This is the last time I am gonna tell you.

Reaction score
Make a poll and see how many people would like something done about the follow option. Nothing will be done though as I know I've seen someone mention that its not a priority. Ask YAH if this affects them, they seem to get their complaints listened to.

yaris

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Make a poll and see how many people would like something done about the follow option. Nothing will be done though as I know I've seen someone mention that its not a priority. Ask YAH if this affects them, they seem to get their complaints listened to.
I asked Admin in private messages about having an option, she wasn't interested, says a lot....

midget_gem

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
it's a pain in the arse when u can unfollow the peeps that follow u but u can't do it vice Verisa. the owners admins high heid yins etc etc don't give 2 feckin hoots. it's their way or no way.

Kate

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I have to admit, that's one part of this set-up that I dislike immensely. Anyone can follow you, whether you like it or not. I think a poll is a great idea.
I follow a handful of people, and the reason I do so is because when I log in to the homepage, I can see whether or not they are online. If they aren't, I don't bother logging in. Follow is a useful option, but the function needs to be ammended. Surely it can't be that hard to enable/disable followers, or to imply an 'accept' option when people request to follow you.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Anyone can follow me, I DO NOT GIVE A STUFF..!! What are my followers going to do?

What can they gain from following ME?..

Zip. ;)

You shouldn't be worried Kate. (I haven't followed you...;))

Kate

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Altair I'm not 'worried' in the slightest. I just think it's a flawed function.
I get your point regarding 'what are they going to do?', but there are certain people on this site who have unhealthy obsessions with other members. The opportunity for anyone to follow anyone just feels intrusive.
For the record, I'm the last person to make a meal out of anything on here, but I do feel as though we should all have the option to choose whether or not we want to be followed.

Reaction score
I have to admit, that's one part of this set-up that I dislike immensely. Anyone can follow you, whether you like it or not. I think a poll is a great idea.
I follow a handful of people, and the reason I do so is because when I log in to the homepage, I can see whether or not they are online. If they aren't, I don't bother logging in. Follow is a useful option, but the function needs to be ammended. Surely it can't be that hard to enable/disable followers, or to imply an 'accept' option when people request to follow you.

Does strike me as weird now as to why they named it following, from what I can tell its the same as what the friend option usually is but without the option of accepting a request from the follower? I guess this site is the same as the naughty site in which case followers would make sense but on a social chat site friends would be a better option than just pure strangers following you. The follow option does nothing but help stalkers follow you without you having any say in the matter.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Altair I'm not 'worried' in the slightest. I just think it's a flawed function.
I get your point regarding 'what are they going to do?', but there are certain people on this site who have unhealthy obsessions with other members. The opportunity for anyone to follow anyone just feels intrusive.
For the record, I'm the last person to make a meal out of anything on here, but I do feel as though we should all have the option to choose whether or not we want to be followed.

Fair enough Kate...BUT...You said " .but there are certain people on this site who have unhealthy obsessions with other members. " Ok Kate...Tell ME who these people are and i will deal with their 'Unhealthy obsessions."..;)

Kate

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Oh come on Altair, nobody likes a grass :p

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
|Kate|....There you are...! ;)

Never grassed in my life..Not in me to do that..:)

No need to spill then i understand..;)

Back