UFO`s

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I have experienced what i consider must be a UFO and many other people ,who are reliable witnesses ,have seen what they cannot identify . Hence they are UFO`s.
One example from me:- When i worked on a late night shift in the 1970`s for a time i remember coming home one day at around 3am.My car was garaged away from the house ,just a short walk across the road. It was one of those lovely bright nights with a clear sky and calm weather in early Summer i think. We lived on outskirts of town and the house was fairly high up so i could see clearly for a long way.
As i walked towards my house i saw what appeared to be a bright Red spot of light. I can only describe it looking like the Red traffic light i UK.
It was totally motionless. As i continued to walk in that direction it suddenly shot off across the sky and vanished out of sight within a few seconds I` think it must have been about 14 miles away from me and possibly a few thousand feet above ground.
I checked in news etc next day as it was a time when there was a lot of UFO activity in the country. One reason given by Astronomers was that it was Mars !.If it was then it moved very fast !. The closest potential was that it was an advanced fighter plane which was developed and being tested at an American air base about 40 miles from where i lived. I have seen a few other similar unexplained objects in the sky but none as mysterious as that one.

Ingrid1965

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Yesterday(All my troubles seem so far away) I spotted UFO's in my kitchen closet! I closed the door and swore never to clean that closet anymore :p :D

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
years ago some people said they made it up
I`ve never made up what i saw that one night back in the 1970`s. As it was never explained in any rational way then it`s a UFU. There was no plane which could hover for ages then shoot away like a rocket at that time . If there was then it was top secret and it never became reality.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
i dont believe in ufos
Let me explain to you matey ...UFO means "unidentified flying object" If something is in the sky ,is moving but is not known to man ,then it`s a UFO :). Yes ? to say that "i don`t believe in them " is same as saying " i don`t believe in Grizzly bears " if you ain`t seen one ? ok ?.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Billions of stars. Zillions of planets?

How can you not believe?

B

Bad_Influence

No, I don't believe anyone has seen a UFO in the context of an alien craft, although I'm sure many have seen things they couldn't explain. Do I believe there is life elsewhere in the universe? Definitely. There are estimated to be 2,000,000,000,000 galaxies in the observable universe and 1 quadrillion stars ('1' with 24 zeros) and as "life' only requires amino acids, lipids, and DNA to have the potential to begin, and as we have already discovered amino acids in asteroids, I believe that to think of earth being the only planet to harbour life in some form, is nothing short of arrogance.

That said, we know that single cell life began here 3.5 billion years ago, it has taken that long to evolve into what we are now. We consider ourselves the be 'intelligent' life, yet we are currently limited to our own planet, we can't yet even travel to the nearest neighbour planet, a mere 341million km away. Our nearest star, Proxima Centuri, is 40,208,000,000,000km away, the other side of the Milky Way is more than 72,000 light-years away. (1 light year is 9.5trillion km). So to think any lifeform could live long enough to travel here is highly unlikely if you apply the laws of physics as we understand it. Think of this, Voyager 1 space probe was launched in 1977, is travelling at 61,000 kph, and has not yet even left the solar system, not yet made it to interstellar space.

Now, as I said, that is based on what we currently know, so let's say some lifeform began before us, evolved faster, has discovered a way to break the laws of physics and can travel faster than light, would they travel so far, have a quick peek, then leave? And why here? And what is the chance they would choose this solar system as a destination among the 1 quadrillion in the universe?

Further to that are the hazards of interstellar travel. The effects of interstellar radiation, physical deterioration, the effect of isolation over such extended periods of time on mental health.

I believe any travel to a far galaxy will never be possible for humanity, as there are just too many limiting factors, and those same factors will affect any organic lifeform, so any hope there is of visiting another world is falls onto the shoulders of something more evolved, AI perhaps.

Regarding the 'sightings' of UFOs, I judge with those in the same way I judge sighting of ghosts... nobody has ever provided evidence that can't be explained, or at least questioned. All photographs and footage is conveniently blurred or grainy (even nowadays when almost everyone has a camera to hand 24/7), all claims are just words. There are just too many reasons to doubt these sightings.

Also, I believe Gov'ts worldwide have perpetuated the UFO enigma, most definitely during the 1960s and 1970's, mostly to distract attention from test flights of experimental aircraft. Much better for enemies to think a sighting could be an alien craft than to give away the secrets of their new technology.

So yes UFOs are real... but earth-based craft that folk just don't recognise.

Last edited by a moderator:

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
I agree. The human race is primitive in the context of a possibly infinite 'universe' that has existed for billions of years. A parasite that is rapidly killing the host as it hungrily feeds on finite resources to sate its ravenous appetite. Maybe we are the actual "aliens". Maybe future space travel will enable us to inhabit other host planets and destroy them. Planet hopping our way around the universe as we evolve. Maybe eath is the spaceship. Maybe science fiction isn't that far from actual reality.

But one thing is as sure as night and day. Without scientific evidence, UFOs are nothing more than the imagination of a primitive species that create gods to supply a moral code that deems our species to be superior to all other forms of life.

B

Bad_Influence

If we hadn’t ‘asset-stripped’ the natural resources we wouldn’t have got to where we are, the most intelligent species we know of. To denigrate humanity for using all available resources is unrealistic and narrow-minded in my view. All life uses what is available to survive, it’s the way of nature. Nothing is infinite, not humanity, not the planet, not the universe. We are just a blip in the big scheme of things and we will be long gone as a species before the earth throws us away.

To say humanity is primitive is very presumptive, we may be the highest form of intelligence in the universe, we have no evidence to the contrary.

SamBally

Reaction score
Where are we exactly?

Nowhere important in terms of evolution and especially now current scientific evidence is available that provides this species, real choices to prolong its very existence and as a direct consequence, further evolve.

You yourself state and I agree, that space travel in the near future is improbable. However the human concept of time is dwarfed by the actual reality and I don't mean in terms of centuries, I mean time in terms of the age of the universe. I suspect this species will have become extinct long before space travel becomes a real possibility.

Our primitive species has polluted earth beyond repair. Population growth will only speed up the process. Earth, as we know it now, will cease to exist in the not too distant future.

"Presumptive" you claim and all while you presume that we are the most intelligent species on this planet because we rely on evidence that only we create.

Because your measure of intelligence is a wealthy hunter killing an animal from an endangered species with a high-powered rifle as this species 'asset strips' what it thinks it is entitled to because it awarded itself an imaginary "humanity".

B

Bad_Influence

Where are we exactly?

Nowhere important in terms of evolution and especially now current scientific evidence is available that provides this species, real choices to prolong its very existence and as a direct consequence, further evolve.

You yourself state and I agree, that space travel in the near future is improbable. However the human concept of time is dwarfed by the actual reality and I don't mean in terms of centuries, I mean time in terms of the age of the universe. I suspect this species will have become extinct long before space travel becomes a real possibility.

Our primitive species has polluted earth beyond repair. Population growth will only speed up the process. Earth, as we know it now, will cease to exist in the not too distant future.

"Presumptive" you claim and all while you presume that we are the most intelligent species on this planet because we rely on evidence that only we create.

Because your measure of intelligence is a wealthy hunter killing an animal from an endangered species with a high-powered rifle as this species 'asset strips' what it thinks it is entitled to because it awarded itself an imaginary "humanity".
Where are we? We are the only species we know of that has the capability of reasoning. We know of no life outside this planet so yes it’s merely a presumption when you call us primitive. Compared to everything we know, we are far from primitive and comparing with anything else is guesswork.

I fully agree that the human concept of time is dwarfed by actual reality in terms of a cosmic scale, but it’s all we have. We can’t think in terms of light-years and even if we could what would be the point? As you say, we will be long gone before that sort of time period becomes pertinent. We are at a point where we have learned so much, yet the biggest thing we have come to terms with, is that we have so much more to learn. We can’t get our heads around the concept of light-years, in the same way we can’t think in terms of Planck time.

Like I said, anything we don’t KNOW is presumptive. Surely you get that?

SamBally

Reaction score
We are the only species we know of that has the capability of reasoning.

That's your version of "reason", a philosophy that historically originated courtesy of that mighty man-god in the sky who watches over us all.

The matriarch of a herd of elephants 'reasons' the precise watering hole to lead her family to during a drought and over a lifetime has memorized 100s of watering holes suitable for different circumstances depending on the season etc. There is an evolutionary purpose for an elephant's existence which creates habitats that allow other species to flourish etc.

Yes, some humans judge other species as "dumb animals" and therefore inferior by comparison but a mindset that has evolved from yet more religious gobbledegook and that became enshrined in the western psyche over thousands of years as a direct consequence.

You then argue what's the point. The point is that for example, modern science has told us plastic is a pollutant that is rapidly destroying ecosystems while killing native species, yet supermarkets still churn out a nice egg salad wrapped in polluting plastic, totally preventable, and yet with no political will to resolve. The free-market philosophy that I know you support and that scientists know is and will destroy this planet.

A parasitical ignorant species that is rapidly destroying this planet for future generations and other species of animals.

"Reason" my arse!

B

Bad_Influence

That's your version of "reason", a philosophy that historically originated courtesy of that mighty man-god in the sky who watches over us all.

The matriarch of a herd of elephants 'reasons' the precise watering hole to lead her family to during a drought and over a lifetime has memorized 100s of watering holes suitable for different circumstances depending on the season etc. There is an evolutionary purpose for an elephant's existence which creates habitats that allow other species to flourish etc.

Yes, some humans judge other species as "dumb animals" and therefore inferior by comparison but a mindset that has evolved from yet more religious gobbledegook and that became enshrined in the western psyche over thousands of years as a direct consequence.

You then argue what's the point. The point is that for example, modern science has told us plastic is a pollutant that is rapidly destroying ecosystems while killing native species, yet supermarkets still churn out a nice egg salad wrapped in polluting plastic, totally preventable, and yet with no political will to resolve. The free-market philosophy that I know you support and that scientists know is and will destroy this planet.

A parasitical ignorant species that is rapidly destroying this planet for future generations and other species of animals.

"Reason" my arse!
I agree with you regarding the animal kingdom and take you point. However, no has evolved to intelligence levels even close to humanity. Yes as a species we have made mistakes, and yes the political will is financially led, but that can be said for every single political structure. We aren’t perfect, but as history has repeatedly shown, perfection is unattainable.
But let’s not digress, I will only get blamed for drifting off topic.

SamBally

Reaction score
Well nice to have an interesting conversation for a change.

Just one thing though... Intelligence to humanity levels?

Let's see a human trek 300 miles in the middle of a prolonged drought to use a watering hole an elephant's mother had led her to once, 40 years ago.

:)

B

Bad_Influence

Well nice to have an interesting conversation for a change.

Just one thing though... Intelligence to humanity levels?

Let's see a human trek 300 miles in the middle of a prolonged drought to use a watering hole an elephant's mother had led her to once, 40 years ago.

:)
Let’s see an elephant do algebra.

SamBally

Reaction score
Elephants were doing Sat Nav long before algebra existed.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
No, I don't believe anyone has seen a UFO in the context of an alien craft, although I'm sure many have seen things they couldn't explain. Do I believe there is life elsewhere in the universe? Definitely. There are estimated to be 2,000,000,000,000 galaxies in the observable universe and 1 quadrillion stars ('1' with 24 zeros) and as "life' only requires amino acids, lipids, and DNA to have the potential to begin, and as we have already discovered amino acids in asteroids, I believe that to think of earth being the only planet to harbour life in some form, is nothing short of arrogance.

That said, we know that single cell life began here 3.5 billion years ago, it has taken that long to evolve into what we are now. We consider ourselves the be 'intelligent' life, yet we are currently limited to our own planet, we can't yet even travel to the nearest neighbour planet, a mere 341million km away. Our nearest star, Proxima Centuri, is 40,208,000,000,000km away, the other side of the Milky Way is more than 72,000 light-years away. (1 light year is 9.5trillion km). So to think any lifeform could live long enough to travel here is highly unlikely if you apply the laws of physics as we understand it. Think of this, Voyager 1 space probe was launched in 1977, is travelling at 61,000 kph, and has not yet even left the solar system, not yet made it to interstellar space.

Now, as I said, that is based on what we currently know, so let's say some lifeform began before us, evolved faster, has discovered a way to break the laws of physics and can travel faster than light, would they travel so far, have a quick peek, then leave? And why here? And what is the chance they would choose this solar system as a destination among the 1 quadrillion in the universe?

Further to that are the hazards of interstellar travel. The effects of interstellar radiation, physical deterioration, the effect of isolation over such extended periods of time on mental health.

I believe any travel to a far galaxy will never be possible for humanity, as there are just too many limiting factors, and those same factors will affect any organic lifeform, so any hope there is of visiting another world is falls onto the shoulders of something more evolved, AI perhaps.

Regarding the 'sightings' of UFOs, I judge with those in the same way I judge sighting of ghosts... nobody has ever provided evidence that can't be explained, or at least questioned. All photographs and footage is conveniently blurred or grainy (even nowadays when almost everyone has a camera to hand 24/7), all claims are just words. There are just too many reasons to doubt these sightings.

Also, I believe Gov'ts worldwide have perpetuated the UFO enigma, most definitely during the 1960s and 1970's, mostly to distract attention from test flights of experimental aircraft. Much better for enemies to think a sighting could be an alien craft than to give away the secrets of their new technology.

So yes UFOs are real... but earth-based craft that folk just don't recognise.
Way Way too much time on your hands.... Your an ACCOUNTANT..... with THIS much time on your hands...?? That kinda proves a point also..;)

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Elephants were doing Sat Nav long before algebra existed.
Bats can do Echo Location. BLIND.....Pidgeons have an in-built magnetic part of their brain that direct them to where they need to be.!

Back