TV Theme Tunes

A

avonguy

Which tv show theme tunes have lived long in your memory, either because you loved them or loathed them?

My favourite has to be Baywatch.

Like most long running series, I preferred the early series, as I liked Eddie & Shauni but I went for the season 3 titles because they also feature Summer, who was one of my favourite later characters.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Saturday entertainment on ITV, after I've eaten steak chips and peas, and there'll be Gladiators on the TV. I don't know any kid or adult during that time, not listen to that, and not think Saturday is actually here lol.

A

avonguy

Wouldn't you have loved to go to a school like Grange Hill?

A

avonguy

I was a MASSIVE Neighbours fan way back in its heyday. These are my two favourite versions of the theme tune,

A

avonguy

This was THE tv series to watch in the early 80s. I was lucky enough to see 'the Kids' in concert one very snowy December. I've always preferred Erica Gimpel's version of the theme tune.

A

avonguy

From series 2, The Cosby Show made an event of their opening credits (I won't post them here), which I loved.

Series 2-4 were of a similar theme but 5-7 were VERY different. (They had to pull the original series 7 titles due to a copyright issue and but a tweaked version was used for the final series 8).

TCS spawned a spin-off series, A Different World, based around daughter Denise (my favourite) going away to college. I lost interest after series 1 because Denise (Lisa Bonet) and Maggie (Marisa Tomei) left but series 2 opening titles were notable because the theme song was sung by Aretha Franklin, no less.

D

Deadpool

Jim'll fix it for youuuuu, and you and you and, ba ba baaaaa

Tonto

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
"The White Horses" and "The Flashing Blade". And Joe 90. And UFO.

Back