The Space Shuttle That Fell to Earth. Guaranteed to be a thriller ... Airs on Monday at 21.00. hrs. on BBC 2. Don't miss it!

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
This incredible story about the Columbia Space Mission disaster on February 1, 2003, (marking its 20th anniversary), with astronauts' families and NASA staff sharing personal stories of the launch, the unfolding catastrophe and the fall-out.
In this first of THREE episodes, you will see as NASA prepares Space Shuttle Columbia for its 28th mission, excitement and trepidation build amongst the astronauts and their families as they count down to launch. This programme hears from the seven astronauts - a mixture of veterans and rookies - and their families as they train for an awe-inspiring journey of a lifetime.

I'm sure the episodes following will be edge of the seat viewing, if not nail biting stuff.

:eek:

Last edited:

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
It's amazing that after all this time people are still coming across bits of the wreckage. I wonder if they hand it in to NASA? Knowing human nature, these days they probably stick it on ebay. People are the same all over.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
What a fantastic documentary, I've just watched the third and final part. When the earlier Challenger Shuttle exploded on take-off, it was later revealed that when engineers lower down the food chain warned managers that there was a problem with the spacecraft - they were ignored. So I was shocked to see that the very same thing happened with the Columbia disaster. Engineers warned management that there was a problem and were ignored. It's some small comfort that at least this crew achieved their ambition, they got into space and lived the dream.

Back