Stronghold!

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Boris and Dominic seem to be aiming for a strong and commanding government.
Dictatorship has always been the best way to get things done.
The civil service, and advisors have been less than helpful to government. Boris may be on the right road but I do so hope that he does not travel too far down it.

JJ50

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Dictatorship is always wrong. Boris has been taking lesson from that ghastly man across the pond.:mad:

Last edited:

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
There are way too many special advisors in parliament, all with their own agendas. Way to go Boris, getting everyone in government reading from the same hymn sheet.

B

Bad_Influence

There are way too many special advisors in parliament, all with their own agendas. Way to go Boris, getting everyone in government reading from the same hymn sheet.

That has hardly been reported. He wanted Javid to get rid of his advisors and amalgamate other advisors used by the Gov't. I can understand why Javid didn't like the idea, and credit to him for standing beside his team, but the Gov't needs thinning out.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Boris and Dominic seem to be aiming for a strong and commanding government.
Dictatorship has always been the best way to get things done.
The civil service, and advisors have been less than helpful to government. Boris may be on the right road but I do so hope that he does not travel too far down it.

Considering the damning leaks on the Civil Service, who attempted to thwart and weaken our negotiation hand, I'm not surprised that this has happened. I see this as Boris' revenge for anyone who has wronged him, but not only that, an attempt to "drain the swamp" in a ruthless ploy, orchestrated by Dominic Cummings. He's the brains being both the Leave Campaign, and also why Boris Johnson has an 80 seat majority right now.
We've seen language such as Australia in terms of what model we'll use by the end of 2021. Australia is another term for No Deal basically, or WTO terms. This is another step in that direction to reach the goal by 2021, or perhaps even at any minutes notice, as these trade talks could be evaporated at any given moment.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
That has hardly been reported. He wanted Javid to get rid of his advisors and amalgamate other advisors used by the Gov't. I can understand why Javid didn't like the idea, and credit to him for standing beside his team, but the Gov't needs thinning out.

Also something to add to that. Cummings and Javid did not like each other. Cummings probably predicted that Javid would resign from his position if he was faced with that situation. It's a ruthless, even cruel tactic to impose on anyone.
The big mistake i think was sacking Julian Smith, who is the Whip of the Party. Now we have a free roaming Whip with a vendetta against the PM and Cummings. So that means things will get very interesting when it comes to votes in the Commons.

Back