"Strawmanning" - What is it? What is it not?

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
There are a lot of things - even I'll brazenly state, the majority of things that we "know", and "profess" with our expert opinions, and diss and treat as morons those who disagree with us, that will be proven to be wrong.

All that happens to those who ridicule difference of opinion will be shown to be are not experts, know-it-alls, or people of interest, but their brief statements will be shown that they were ridiculers. Nothing else.

I agree with you on some of these things, and disgree with others. On some, they'll be right. On others, they'll be wrong.

Technology cannot progress in any form to benefit the earth while a foul stench of each other is the prominent air. All it does is allow for exploitation by the leeches, and then the bombing by the disgraceful dogs, while the people run around like cattle when a dingo attacks. If the people were united, they'd be able to use their brains in a beneficial way. Instead though, we're trained to be competitive, and some feign their intelligence by bluff, my misapplying things that are stated, and presenting false arguments, claiming something was said that wasn't meant or implied, or vice versa, denying it meant something, and tangentially leaning away from it.

In fact, here's a little poem about it.

Insinuation
Insinuation is like dirt, it seems.
Here's the predicament.
It isn't so much what I said,
But if what I sediment.

That has more to do with the way science is formulated today.
It is political.

Remove politics from science and allow the market to truely govern research and you get massive strides in advancement.

When the biggest funder of scientific research is the government you will get results which back policy not the probability of invention.

A_Son_of_God

Forum Reasoner - Nemesis of the Trolls
Reaction score
That has more to do with the way science is formulated today.
It is political.

Remove politics from science and allow the market to truely govern research and you get massive strides in advancement.

When the biggest funder of scientific research is the government you will get results which back policy not the probability of invention.
Yep.

Back