So who hates Christmas?

P

PennyDreadful

As you are all aware Christmas begins on the 1st of September. This is the time when we begin to see various Christmas related products on the shelves in numerous shops. By the time the actual day arrives, we are truly sick to the back teeth of it.
One of the aspects I really dislike about this season, are people who would normally avoid you, being all friendly and cheerful. The only part I really enjoy, is putting the decorations up, but they go up not more than two weeks before the day, and I take them down on the first of January.

Bah humbug!

vulcan

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
As you are all aware Christmas begins on the 1st of September. This is the time when we begin to see various Christmas related products on the shelves in numerous shops. By the time the actual day arrives, we are truly sick to the back teeth of it.
One of the aspects I really dislike about this season, are people who would normally avoid you, being all friendly and cheerful. The only part I really enjoy, is putting the decorations up, but they go up not more than two weeks before the day, and I take them down on the first of January.

C

CrazyCatLady

I agree and yes, I am a f.... scrooge.
I can't stand the hypocrisy of it all- it's a Christian holiday celebrated by Christians and atheists alike, because of the shiny balls and food involved. Those who preach 'Save the Earth', then go and spend a sh!t load of money (that could feed a dozen starving kids for a month) on tiny, expensive electrical gadgets packed in sh!t loads of forever-lasting plastic & polystyrene bits.
And don't get me started on the nightmare of ungrateful family members and lying to kids about some white, hairy dude with a strange passion for breaking into houses and leaving gifts for children....

The only thing I like about it is the soaps doing extended episodes. Can't even say I like the food part of Christmas, because I can barely eat any of it anymore.

P

PennyDreadful

I can't stand the hypocrisy of it all- it's a Christian holiday celebrated by Christians and atheists alike, because of the shiny balls and food involved. Those who preach 'Save the Earth', then go and spend a sh!t load of money (that could feed a dozen starving kids for a month) on tiny, expensive electrical gadgets packed in sh!t loads of forever-lasting plastic & polystyrene bits.
And don't get me started on the nightmare of ungrateful family members and lying to kids about some white, hairy dude with a strange passion for breaking into houses and leaving gifts for children....

The only thing I like about it is the soaps doing extended episodes. Can't even say I like the food part of Christmas, because I can barely eat any of it anymore.
I couldn't have put it better myself.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Itssssss Christmaaaaaaaaaas!!!!!

Love it me :D

C

CrazyCatLady

my favorite because i like the music, movies, and scenery but i hate the shopping and not a fan of the gifts
I found a way around the gift thing. I'm giving every one a spider plant this year. My big mama plant had a string of babies, so I've planted them all and am growing them to full plants. My upstairs looks like the cannabis factory of someone who doesn't know cannabis is. Full of house plants, bags of soil, etc.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!
Don't start that cr@p till after Halloween! Let us Goths have our Christmas first.

It's a good job ppl exist who like Halloween as tbh Pumpkins are pretty useless ,

Portugal have only in recent times adopted Halloween and what goes with it ,

I still find it creepy and not in the Scary Monster way and also i totally cringe when parents send their Kids out alone ,

I guess it can be fun for kids done properly ,

My Son is English and he doesn't seem to care about it tbh ,

C

CrazyCatLady

It's a good job ppl exist who like Halloween as tbh Pumpkins are pretty useless ,

I still find it creepy and not in the Scary Monster way and also i totally cringe when parents send their Kids out alone ,

Lol. Pumpkins make pretty good soup too and roasted with a bit of black pepper is also nice.

It's different nowadays to when I was kid. It's become more Americanised- big costumes, catering to every single possible like and dislike of a child knocking on your door. It used to be more about children making their costumes, having a party with friends where you had traditional games and then an adult would bring us around local relatives houses to show off our costumes and 'Trick or Treat'. If they didn't have sweets to give, they'd give us coppers from their pocket. Me and my friends used to collect quite a bit going around all our relatives and parents friends.
That's one of the Americanism's that seeped through.

As an adult, it was more about the dressing up in pretty black dresses and getting p!ssed.

As an oldie, it's now about being able to embrace my Crazy Cat Lady and scare little children.

Tinkerbelle

❤️chat b1tch❤️
Reaction score

Whats xmas like in Spain? Pmsl

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score

Isabelle1

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I love Christmas! Family, friends, food, and kangaroos covered in baubles and lights at the airport! <<<<<
I can't wait to have a real Christmas again :)

vulcan

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score

The only thing I like about it is the soaps doing extended episodes. Can't even say I like the food part of Christmas, because I can

Itssssss Christmaaaaaaaaaas!!!!!

Love it me m:D
I'm afraid there are some folks never happy save they have hurt feelings to enjoy...

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
I love Christmas! Family, friends, food, and kangaroos covered in baubles and lights at the airport! <<<<<
I can't wait to have a real Christmas again :)
I have reported you to the R.S.P.C.A. XD

Back