Snow!

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
We finally got ours today, after all the promises of the weathermen.
A few miserable flakes is all, as though someone shook a flour shaker over here.
Cold wind though and a frost...I just wish that, just for once, we here could have a good fall of snow.
It's just started again; a few miserable flakes, not enough to cover an Irish fourpence.
They don't call London the hot-house of the UK for nothing!

Fiona

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
We got our snow overnight as promised. Significant accumulations. Drifting as well.
Still snowing and more forecast for the rest of the day.
I didn’t think it would materialize but it did.

B

Bad_Influence

me too,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Where is this great big down pour they promised;

It’s supposed to get heavier later, I just wonder if they were talking about the snow, or my belly. :D:D

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Well, my apologies to the weather men.
It started to snow this morning and it hasn't stopped yet.
Trouble is...it's the wrong sort of snow.
Now, I suppose one shouldn't carp but, why can't we have real snow; the stuff that settles inches deep on the ground, the sort of stuff you can play in?
If I got my old mothballed sledge out it wouldn't run on the snow provided, nasty thin icy stuff and only a couple of centimetres deep after a whole morning of trying. It would be hard work trying to make a snowball, never mind a snowman.
Still, must be happy to see the ground and the trees all white.
AH! It seems to be melting already......typical!

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
How on earth do you get wrong snow?.

Thecharmer

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
When my daughter was about 3 we tried to build a snowman. But the snow was like sand. So we couldn't build one. Sadly we still haven't built one :(

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
When my daughter was about 3 we tried to build a snowman. But the snow was like sand. So we couldn't build one. Sadly we still haven't built one :(
we need a good down fall of thick snow then we be able to sing ""wanna build a snowman".

Thecharmer

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Yes megs233 we had some on sunday. I said too daughter do you want to build a snowman. I got a polite no. Not cool to be seen with dad lol

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Yes megs233 we had some on sunday. I said too daughter do you want to build a snowman. I got a polite no. Not cool to be seen with dad lol
lol oh poor u well I found when kids want to do on own let them u build one u too

S

Steven56

I've built many snowmen as a child, teenager, with my daughter. Now have the joy honor to make a snowman with my grandaughter. Have built an igloo several times also many moons ago. Many snowball fights or snow battles. . An expert in shoveling snow, sled riding is a blast. Take great care while driving in snow.

Last edited by a moderator:

yaris

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I love the snow, its times like this i wished i still lived in Germany, had great winters then :)

Back