Sizzle

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Looking out of my window upon Rain, flooded roads, high winds and general discomfort the thought suddenly popped into my head... sausages!
Not only that but Kennedy's sausages.
You can't get them now; the half dozen shops they had throughout London are long gone...but...their delicious memory lingers on.
They were also the first thing my future Mother in law fed me when I was 'taken home to meet the family' by my future wife.
I have spent years trying to find as superb a sausage as Kennedy's produced, without any success. The expensive one's are like chewing a pork chop and the cheaper, usually a little better, like meaty porage yet none come near those sausages of Mr Kennedy...I miss them.
What do you miss from days gone by?

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
You have a sausage fixation! :) Off-hand I can't think of anything from the distant past that I miss. You know those Vesta boxed ready meals? they used to do a beef risotto, It was the only Vesta meal i liked and the only one they discontinued. Same thing happened at Iceland, a few years ago they introduced a whole new range of ready meals, the only one I liked was called 'Empire pie' a spicy rice type meal, and yes you've guess it, that was the one they discontinued! I'm cursed :rolleyes:

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
You have a sausage fixation! :) Off-hand I can't think of anything from the distant past that I miss. You know those Vesta boxed ready meals? they used to do a beef risotto, It was the only Vesta meal i liked and the only one they discontinued. Same thing happened at Iceland, a few years ago they introduced a whole new range of ready meals, the only one I liked was called 'Empire pie' a spicy rice type meal, and yes you've guess it, that was the one they discontinued! I'm cursed :rolleyes:
What about Pan Yan Pickle? You must miss that. I do.

Back