Should the queen step down from her royal duties?

I

IloveAaronE95

Personally, I think she should step down in light of her recent health problems. What do you think?

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I think it goes to show you how dedicated she is to fulfilling her duties and serving the country. Out of all of the Royal Family I've always quite liked the Queen, and i used to think Phillip was hilarious. Just the outlandish and random things he would say to people. Things that would offend today.
I'm not too fond on the others in the Royal Family though. William and Kate seem down to earth, but as for the rest of them, i can do without.
I do think we should have a say on whether or not we should keep the monarchy in this country after her Majesty passes, as i don't think Charles or Camilla would be welcomed or popular. Especially since a lot of the public believe Camilla replaced the beloved Diana, who many people believed she was the eventual rightful Queen.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I think it goes to show you how dedicated she is to fulfilling her duties and serving the country. Out of all of the Royal Family I've always quite liked the Queen, and i used to think Phillip was hilarious. Just the outlandish and random things he would say to people. Things that would offend today.
I'm not too fond on the others in the Royal Family though. William and Kate seem down to earth, but as for the rest of them, i can do without.
I do think we should have a say on whether or not we should keep the monarchy in this country after her Majesty passes, as i don't think Charles or Camilla would be welcomed or popular. Especially since a lot of the public believe Camilla replaced the beloved Diana, who many people believed she was the eventual rightful Queen.
I agree about the first part but have issue with your reason for declaring that Charles isn`t fit for the roll of King ?. Remember that Charles didn`t really get to choose who he was to marry. It was a mess from the start and in my Eyes now it`s obvious that Charles and Camilla are the perfect couple and she wouldnt be messing about with other blokes as Diana did. His interest in the Envirenment etc is well publicised .
In my opinion there is mainly one of the Family who deserves to be ExCommunicated from Monarchy and i think everyone knows which one that is !
I`m not a Monarchist btw but as that`s our System those are my thoughts on them.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Charles is to wrapped up in corperate interests to be king.

William is the only Royal left with any credibility in the line.

Well if you discount the Rose Hanbury stuff.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Charles is to wrapped up in corperate interests to be king.

William is the only Royal left with any credibility in the line.

Well if you discount the Rose Hanbury stuff.
How about Edward . No gossip in that part of the family eh? and a direct line to HRH.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I agree about the first part but have issue with your reason for declaring that Charles isn`t fit for the roll of King ?. Remember that Charles didn`t really get to choose who he was to marry. It was a mess from the start and in my Eyes now it`s obvious that Charles and Camilla are the perfect couple and she wouldnt be messing about with other blokes as Diana did. His interest in the Envirenment etc is well publicised .
In my opinion there is mainly one of the Family who deserves to be ExCommunicated from Monarchy and i think everyone knows which one that is !
I`m not a Monarchist btw but as that`s our System those are my thoughts on them.
The marriages are usually arranged. From the Spencers, to the Fergusons and to the Middletons. Throughout history it has been upper-middle class families who have been chosen to serve the Royal Family in an arranged agreement to produce the next generations of Royals.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
The marriages are usually arranged. From the Spencers, to the Fergusons and to the Middletons. Throughout history it has been upper-middle class families who have been chosen to serve the Royal Family in an arranged agreement to produce the next generations of Royals.
Same as all other systems apart from in the USA which is a relatively new Country eh ?.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Same as all other systems apart from in the USA which is a relatively new Country eh ?.
You could argue that both Charles and Harry broke tradition with Camilla and Meghan. As for the US, it's been speculated that Presidents aren't voted in by the public, and rather they're placed into office. It's that illusion of democracy theory, where it's those who count the votes who hold the power, and who determine the country's fate.

Back