Serena Williams: Was She Right Or Wrong?

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Her first violation was for coaching, in which she said it was false, but her coach did admit he was coaching after the match. Coaching is not allowed during a tennis match, but it has happened before in the past.

Her second was for smashing her racket on court.

And her third was for arguing and abusing the Umpire.

Now there has been a lot of controversy surrounding what happened. Some believe it was a sexism issue, because men, according to Serena, have done a lot worse on court and were left unpunished. But does this really excuse this kind of behaviour on officials? The rules are the rules after all and her opponent, Naomi Osaka, played an absolute blinder to win the game.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
She was out of order

I thought she took away from Naomi Osaka's stellar performance. She couldn't enjoy her win because the crowd were booing because they thought Serena was wronged. I felt really bad for Naomi.

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I do as well Wojcik she was like a spoilt rich kid
there's ways of doing things but she went the wrong way of doing things

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
WRONG............anyone who argues with the referee in any sport should be banned. They are in my sport of JUDO. We are of course disciples of discipline.

Elea

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I didn't watch the match. The Williams sisters always bored me. As I remember, they played almost entirely from the baseline. Pete Sampras and Roger Federer never threw such babyish tantrums.

Read into my words whatever depraved racism and sexism you like. I would say the same about anyone who behaved this way. I don't judge people by a different standard because of race or gender.

Last edited:

bettybooty

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
she was definately in the wrong she is like a spoilt brat silly bint

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Sorryi dont like tennis but on hearing things over the years i see her as spoilt person. if things are no going her way she stamps her feet [ hubby watches it i suffer it] All this shows she not respect for the umpire , Give a game of badminton any day .

M

munchie9

She was warned and carried on thinking she cant be touched because of who she is , i find womens tennis very boring and they want to be paid the same as the men , well when they play the same amount of sets then yes until then NO

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Wrong...On so many Levels...Look "Im Black"...Stop being Racist to me'....Blah Blah....!

Enough.

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Wrong...On so many Levels...Look "Im Black"...Stop being Racist to me'....Blah Blah....!

Enough.

I thought this thread was about Miss Williams... not you Altair.

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Opps sorry misread it.......I thought he was talking about himself.

J

JustinCredible

Her first violation was for coaching, in which she said it was false, but her coach did admit he was coaching after the match. Coaching is not allowed during a tennis match, but it has happened before in the past.

Her second was for smashing her racket on court.

And her third was for arguing and abusing the Umpire.

Now there has been a lot of controversy surrounding what happened. Some believe it was a sexism issue, because men, according to Serena, have done a lot worse on court and were left unpunished. But does this really excuse this kind of behaviour on officials? The rules are the rules after all and her opponent, Naomi Osaka, played an absolute blinder to win the game.
It's more a case of #MeMeMe than #MeToo and her argument just doesn't stand up to scrutiny..look at the figures male tennis players are penalised nearly 3 times more than women.

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I think they were referring to McEnroe.

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
When was that Jude least 20 years ago she needs to grow up

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I know but he was the male version of Tennistantumania.

Back