Science mostly made up.

Kev45

A beautiful sunset that was mistaken for a dawn.
Reaction score
MOST scientific discoveries are fabricated in order to get money and fame, a scientist has revealed.

Physicist Professor Julian Cook said he and fellow scientists invent all their findings in order to get grants and BBC2 series.

Professor Cook said: Take that story about DNA evidence showing that early Homo sapiens went around having rampant sex with other species.

There's no way you could find that out just using a bunch of bones. Even Poirot couldn’t do that.

So you just look at the bones and go, ‘mm – shagging’. Suddenly you're all over the newspapers and on telly, the moneys rolling in, and you've got a wardrobe assistant asking you which blazer and jeans combo you want to wear on Jonathan Ross.

Real science is incredibly boring, so it's better to claim that a giant meteorite is heading for earth, or that killer robots are going to take over.

There's no way you're going to meet Fiona Bruce if you’re just looking at microbes through one of those little desk telescopes.

Science historian Mary Fisher said: Sir Isaac Newton made up gravity because he wanted to be famous, but wasn't any good at singing or acting.

The world is actually fully of tiny sucking creatures that keep everything stuck to the floor, but you don’t want to know that because it’s rank.

She added: Most human ‘knowledge’ is just a form of theatre. For example, the physicist Brian Cox only has one GCSE in woodwork, his main credentials are memorable hair and a pleasant manner.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
@Kev45

Considering some of the meanderings that are being posited by ProfessorPerplexed, ConfidentlyClueless, SirUnaware, MasterOfMistakes, EpicBlunderlord, et al!

your post is highly appropriate!!

and triple LOL at

'The world is actually fully of tiny sucking creatures that keep everything stuck to the floor, but you don’t want to know that because it’s rank.'

haha.jpg

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
How is this new.

Scientists go where the funding is and peer review is a waste of time on some subjects.

Raining_Roses

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
@Kev45

Considering some of the meanderings that are being posited by ProfessorPerplexed, ConfidentlyClueless, SirUnaware, MasterOfMistakes, EpicBlunderlord, et al!

your post is highly appropriate!!

and triple LOL at

'The world is actually fully of tiny sucking creatures that keep everything stuck to the floor, but you don’t want to know that because it’s rank.'

View attachment 14559
OMG, new nicknames! Love it!

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Can't beat a good nickname.
Especially if they have some semblance of reality behind them.

Wonder what mine will be.

Probabaly something like "The Stalker" or "The Fake" lol.
Its always the way that those who label are the most guilty.

Kev45

A beautiful sunset that was mistaken for a dawn.
Reaction score

Lol, I'll try and to the collection as and when and just don't mention "night school", it sent them from 0-100 in the blink of an eye. :)

Raining_Roses

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
How is this new.

Scientists go where the funding is and peer review is a waste of time on some subjects.
Ya see, if anyone would have said you would become all anti-scientist over the time I've been kicking around, I would have laughed heartily. In many of our debates, you pulled up 'evidence' from theorists, scientists, etc. But you appear to have become despondent on subjects such as this of late.
Nevertheless, I agree to an extent. I don't think it's so much 'scientists' but more pharmaceutical companies and those choosing which 'science' to market to the populace. Research doesn't only need funding, it needs support and whispers in the right ears. It needs a market or else, what's the point?
What we are seeing today is the exploitation of healthcare, not by scientists but by those making and marketing, and essentially profiting. Where 'science' was meant to better mankind, it now comes with a high price. I'm also sceptical in general about the medical model- I don't always believe what I'm told. The history of medical testing associated to governments (across the world, not just the UK) is horrific, from the thalidomide drug to the Tuskegee experiment- I don't believe that mistakes are not made or that medical professionals always have what's best for us in their aim.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Thalidomide was used well into the 1980's in Spain, even thought they knew the side effects.

Science is captured by money, even in places of learning where research should be free from either ideology or funding by such.
Science is supposed to represent truth, yet what do we have, money which seems to feed into politically acceptable research.

I mean, didn't someone get a grant to research whether Icebergs were anti-feminist and supported the white patriarchy because they were, well white, as Ice is and because we studied them well before womens liberation.

I am really looking forward to someone finding a black Iceberg, even thoug black ice exists in it own right.

Back