RT News

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
RT News has been taken off the air. We really are now only getting one side of the story. Removing a news channel because you don't agree with what they say is an attack on democracy. It's something we usually associate with totalitarian states. As an avid viewer of that channel I am fuming! GBnews will be next :rolleyes:

S

Saphire

I don't know that channel, but what reason was given for taking it off the air?

I just googled...

"RT, the Russian state-owned news channel, will no longer have a platform in the UK.

The announcement was made Tuesday and later confirmed by UK Culture Secretary Nadine Dorries.

“Shortly, the French satellite which broadcasts Russia Today (RT) in both the EU and UK will be switched off. This means RT will no longer be available via Sky (TV),” Dorries said in a post on Twitter.

“(Russian President Vladimir) Putin’s polluting propaganda machine will now have severely restricted access into British homes via our TV screens,” she added.

There had been calls made to the government by opposition parties in recent weeks to take down the Russian government mouthpiece, accusing the channel of peddling misinformation."

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
RT News (Russia Today) and until today it was channel 511 on Sky. Apparently it was spouting Russian propaganda so the E.U have blocked it, though why something the E.U does should still affect the UK escapes me :rolleyes: I viewed the channel simply for a different take on the news BBC/Sky were churning out. I don't think I got brainwashed, though some may think otherwise. :)

casiquaire

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
its website is down even when you bounce your ip via asia, but its telegram channel is still working fine

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
I must somehow be in a parallel universe, where conspiracy theories don't exist, because when I typed 'RT News' in my Firefox browser, hey presto RT News instantly appeared.

Screenshot 2022-03-02 at 17-50-48 World news — RT International.png

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I must somehow be in a parallel universe, where conspiracy theories don't exist, because when I typed 'RT News' in my Firefox browser, hey presto RT News instantly appeared.

View attachment 8533

Same here. But I suspect they are looking at some secret squirrel rt news channel for Putin supporters only!

5g-conspiracy-small.jpg

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score

Senior British RT news anchor QUITS over Putin's war in Ukraine​

kev.jpg

He resigned from his post on Monday night in light of brutal war in Ukraine

The senior news anchor of Russia’s state-owned television network RT has resigned “on principle” just days after the country’s invasion of Ukraine.

Kevin Owen worked for RT - formerly known as Russia Today - for more than 15 years, having joined the channel in 2006.

He had previously worked in the UK in national and regional media, fronting nightly news broadcasts for both BBC Wales and HTV Wales.

He rose to become the main news anchor on the state-owned Russian news network, and was awarded the prize ‘News Anchor of the Year’ in 2008.

However, he resigned from his post on Monday in light of the current situation in Russia. Speaking exclusively to WalesOnline from Moscow on Tuesday, he confirmed the news and paid tribute to his colleagues.

“I resigned on principle,” said Mr Owen. “I will very much miss the vast amount of very talented and kind colleagues and management who I had the pleasure of working with over many years.”

Mr Owen did not wish to comment further at this stage, but notified his now former employers on Monday of his intention to quit the role.

The decision comes just days after Russia launched numerous attacks on its neighbour Ukraine in an invasion which has been largely condemned across Europe and beyond. A number of economic sanctions have been imposed on the country, and FIFA and UEFA have confirmed that all Russian teams have been suspended from all football competitions.

RT has received heavy criticism over many years for being a ‘mouthpiece’ for Russia’s president Vladimir Putin. Question marks over its impartiality have been magnified in the past few days following the invasion of Ukraine, with YouTube and Facebook banning the network from its platforms in Europe.

Meanwhile, as RT is available in English in the UK on Freeview, Ofcom has opened 15 investigations into the “due impartiality of news programmes on the channel”.

Kevin Owen moved to Moscow in the mid-2000s having graduated from Cardiff University in the 1980s before going on to work for the BBC, HTV and Sky.

SamBally

Reaction score
Same here. But I suspect they are looking at some secret squirrel rt news channel for Putin supporters only!

Lol!

They even did "bouncing" and stuff and which was meant to appear technical but which translates as "I have no fukcing idea what I am typing about".

SamBally

Reaction score
Says resident conspiracy theorist loon who typed.

You should know how it works by now. Only OUR govt is allowed to lie to us, anything else is misinformation.
No doubt RT is a propaganda machine, but as has been shown recently so are both our govt and our media.

Even though a 3-second line in a browser would have demonstrated otherwise.

Just another excuse to angrily rage about conspiracy theories and the government.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Says resident conspiracy theorist loon who typed.

Even though a 3-second line in a browser would have demonstrated otherwise.

Just another excuse to angrily rage about conspiracy theories and the government.

Gammons don't understand why they are in an angry all the time.

Blaming everyone else for their imagined and faux problems.

with thanks to @SamBally (for gammons, I do of course mean, right wing, uneducated simpletons, who are prone to fall for conspiracy theories, fake news and right wing propaganda that panders to their fear of everything and everyone)

Last edited:

SamBally

Reaction score
Gammons don't understand why they are in an angry all the time.

Blaming everyone else for their imagined and faux problems.

It's beyond gammonry, it's beyond hard-right.

100% of what that blob types is lies and misinformation and all while it spams the boards angrily denouncing lies and misinformation.

The blob is away with the fairies...

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Lol!

They even did "bouncing" and stuff and which was meant to appear technical but which translates as "I have no fukcing idea what I am typing about".

I'm waiting for the conspiracy 'Kant quoting' fella to start with his particular form of word salad explanations.

As far as Kant states, ''In the metaphysical elements of chat-world aesthetics the various nonmoral feelings about the cancelling of RT News channel, are to be made use of; in the chat forum elements, of moral metaphysics, the various moral feelings of those chat users who are far right and right wing 'older' men, according to the differences in sex, age, education, and government, of races and climates, are to be employed in examining on whether reality of RT News being cancelled is a way of fact. To check on these facts via 'bouncing', without being IT redundant, one can classify computational characteristics according to a person's faculty of desire (what is forum practical), as a) his chat nature, or natural chat talent, b) his chat temperament, or chat disposition, and c) his general forum character, or mode of thinking, that RT News is not cancelled and is in fact the birth of a new reality forthwith''.

Or, to put it simply....000fuck.jpg

Last edited:

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
It's beyond gammonry, it's beyond hard-right.

100% of what that blob types is lies and misinformation and all while it spams the boards angrily denouncing lies and misinformation.

The blob is away with the fairies...
laugh-slam.gif

boozerweight

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
RT News has been taken off the air. We really are now only getting one side of the story. Removing a news channel because you don't agree with what they say is an attack on democracy. It's something we usually associate with totalitarian states. As an avid viewer of that channel I am fuming! GBnews will be next :rolleyes:
i agree with you totally,i have just put the tv on and no RT news,we are only allowed one point of view

SamBally

Reaction score
I'm waiting for the conspiracy 'Kant quoting' fella to start with his particular form of word salad explanations.

LMAO, that was proper funny. Another one who baffles with bullshit while he types "let's have some fun with this" and then proceeds to baffle with yet more bullshit.

Pretentious wally who tried to shoehorn in Kant to demonstrate how "sophisticated" (deluded) he thinks he is.

After which he bows expectantly waiting for rapturous applause.

Inbetween getting in a dig about women and feminists or luridly mentioning some smut or other totally out of context.

A right Kant if ever there was one.

Reaction score
Some people get way too much enjoyment of mocking others and trying to make people miserable. A worldwide extremely contagious virus and a war, great things if you want to make everyone else to be miserable as you and if you want to generally show off what a brilliantly great example of a human being you are.

Really appears that some people got too much enjoyment out of Covid and the ongoing war.

Back