Respirators.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
From what I gathered from the media this morning it seems that respirators do more harm than good to the very ill Corona sufferers.
This will be a surprise to the many manufacturers who have turned their lathes into respirator makers, for the common good.
It is oxygen that is the answer, O2 that can be administered orally, rather than intrusively.
And now there are hints of a Vaccine in preparation.
It's not all doom and gloom...is it?

L

lucylockett

You need to stop reading or watching rubbish in the media. I take it you have no medical knowledge. Posts like this are really not helping the situation, people are scared enough without having more fear and doubts put into their heads.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
You need to stop reading or watching rubbish in the media. I take it you have no medical knowledge. Posts like this are really not helping the situation, people are scared enough without having more fear and doubts put into their heads.
Oh! I thought it was all a bit hopeful.
There is a vaccine under tests and a different, less intrusive way has been found to administer Oxygen.
No. I have little medical knowledge but I know that those proposing these ideas do!

L

lucylockett

They use the ventilators because the lungs are failing and no matter now much oxygen you give it’s not enough. Yes they can just use only oxygen in so me cases to help , without invasive ventilation but it’s unfortunately not enough for everyone.

They can also use non invasive ventilation to help the lungs function and give oxygen. The patient does not need sedated but again sometimes this might not be enough and depends on how critically unwell the patient has become .

The virus causes so much damage the whole body gets weak, stop functioning and organs start to fail.

There is talk of a vaccine, and they will find one but not so far... and even a vaccine will take time to mass produce and administer to the whole population.

Isolation is the only safe thing we all can do at the moment, the less contact the safer people will be, until the virus is controlled or the vaccination works.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
They use the ventilators because the lungs are failing and no matter now much oxygen you give it’s not enough. Yes they can just use only oxygen in so me cases to help , without invasive ventilation but it’s unfortunately not enough for everyone.

They can also use non invasive ventilation to help the lungs function and give oxygen. The patient does not need sedated but again sometimes this might not be enough and depends on how critically unwell the patient has become .

The virus causes so much damage the whole body gets weak, stop functioning and organs start to fail.

There is talk of a vaccine, and they will find one but not so far... and even a vaccine will take time to mass produce and administer to the whole population.

Isolation is the only safe thing we all can do at the moment, the less contact the safer people will be, until the virus is controlled or the vaccination works.
Ah! Government speak!

L

lucylockett

No a nurse who has just had one of her colleagues die

Last edited by a moderator:

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
No a nurse who has just had one of her colleagues die
It is beyond sad when a carer dies for her duty but...it is surely a good thing that answers are coming down the line!

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
LBC this morning said that, following a survey by a very prestigious and independent Company we, the Brits, are over 60% in favour of our government, despite it's mistakes.
I think I agree with this. It is all very well coming down on them, with hindsight.
I think that on the whole, in the circumstances, they have done well, even though the media has done it's best to make them all look like idiots!

Back