Question For Admin

Discussion in 'Community Help' started by ange52, Jun 14, 2018.

1. ange52

ange52 UKChat Initiate

Welcome to our free online chat rooms. The following are our official rooms, for countries, regions, and topics relevant to chatters in the UK. These rooms are moderated by UKC staff and volunteers and are the more popular chat rooms that we host. All rooms are free, mobile compatible, support webcam and microphone, and do not require registration,

Why are guests not allowed if it says all rooms do not require registration , or is this the mods making things up again?
    Why are the mods allowed to overturn the site rules ?

Witch_with_a_B and womble123 like this.
  2. When it says 'All rooms are free' it may mean that there's no charge to use the rooms.
    I'm all in favour of one room being for registered users only but if there's more than one it devalues it somewhat. . .

3. ange52

ange52 UKChat Initiate

• Welcome to our free online chat rooms. The following are our official rooms, for countries, regions, and topics relevant to chatters in the UK. These rooms are moderated by UKC staff and volunteers and are the more popular chat rooms that we host. All rooms are free, mobile compatible, support webcam and microphone,( and do not require registration,)
    JustinCredible I can see that it says (ALL ROOMS ARE FREE) it also states has I have underlined above ,you DO NOT REQUIRE REGISTRATION so would suggest that it says all guests can use any rooms .

4. SuperNova

SuperNova UKChat Familiar

not any more

5. yes it does say 'No registration is required to enjoy any of these rooms'. Also the core principle of this chat site was 'chat without registration' but that's now clearly changed. The site owners seem to have changed their business model..which I suppose is their right.

6. ange52

ange52 UKChat Initiate

OK that's fine if site owners have changed their business model that's up to them they should update the pages …………….The question now is was it them or the mods?
    The pages that need updating are the one as you go into chat and its also on the home page these both say guest users can go in all rooms.

7. ChasingRubies

ChasingRubies UKChat Initiate

Whoever changed it, it's a damn site better without guests in some of the rooms where people were using the Guest accounts to troll and ban evade.

LondonGuy, Hollie and FaeryDust like this.
  8. FaeryDust

FaeryDust Guest

Ange, it's not

Ange, hello. Well, you're actually banned, and the reasoning for this, is the bullying you put another mod through, I wont go into the personal stuff, but you did,didn't you?And that will not be tolerated.

In regards to your question, I will let you know, that this trial that we are testing of the no guest rooms,is something we have had thumbs up from, by admin. The reason the message has not changed yet on the site, is because this is a trial and we are working out our next move. Thank you for your time and concern though, it's appreciated.

9. ange52

ange52 UKChat Initiate

Thank you for your answer...….. my next question...….. is why you could not put it in site news or at the top of the rooms that its a trial '
    Why I was banned I done no more than she done to a good chatter and made him change he's room ONE LINK IS TO MANY then done a u turn and never apologised ……….. HOW LONG IS MY BAN PLEASE ?

10. LondonGuy

LondonGuy Can't Stop! Won't Stop! Complaining!

Do people really think the mods have that much power that they can change the rules! it don't take a genius to work out the owners must have taken the decision to make certain changes.

I think people from the "old" site got away with so much they can't handle someone else being in change

JustinCredible likes this.
  11. FaeryDust

FaeryDust Guest

Enlighten me!

12. FaeryDust

FaeryDust Guest

We could ask admin to, if it really does mean that much to you. I dont mind either way. You once got on with Hollie, then once you've decided she isnt your cup of tea anymore, you get personal with the things shes told you and trusted you with in the past. Did Hollie do that to you? Or to anyone else? Bullying isnt okay.

It's permanent.I watched how nasty you were to her, it was shocking.

13. FaeryDust

FaeryDust Guest

Lmao, so lets just clear this up here...1. You do not know me. 2. You've never spoken to me. 3. It was a JOINT decision to make some of the rooms guest free :) Have a good evening! :)

14. ange52

ange52 UKChat Initiate

Well thank you for that Faerydust think you got that the other way round but hay ho...…. yes I have seen her nasty and I have the logs still I agree bullying is bad.

I went away from her in the Youngatheart room, because of the rules to the England room she could not let it be she had to follow .

Have a nice day.

15. Jude99

Jude99 UKChat Initiate

All I would like to add is..........if u dont allow guests u end up without members.
    Hope to see ya soon Ange52 x

16. midget_gem

midget_gem UKChat Familiar

oh happy happy days. but ya ken be nice to be informed of stuff whether trial or for good. like a wee message on the main page would be nice like an updated section

17. Jude99

Jude99 UKChat Initiate

What you wanna know midget gem?

18. midget_gem

midget_gem UKChat Familiar

it was a general statement. it's called common curtesy. any changes affecting chatters whether it involves t & c's, forum or rooms we should be notified on Main page. cause be it Any chatter this place probably wouldn't exist

19. Jude99

Jude99 UKChat Initiate

Thats very true........and it happens on many sites. The whole problem is that many admins dont seem to think that without chatters they wont have a chat site....sad !