Popular TV shows that you've never seen a single episode of...

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I was watching some TV over the weekend and I couldn't help noticing how bland Terrestrial TV is these days. It got me thinking...
TV shows that you've never seen a single episode of... I'll start you off with a few...

Strictly Come Dancing
The Voice
Dancing on Ice
The Masked Singer.
Hang on, there's a theme developing here, let me think of something else.....
The Simpsons. I've seen bits of it but I've never watched an entire episode.

Hey you, the fab forum few, feel free to share any TV that has passed you by...

Sigma_Male

Staff member
Reaction score
So many I dont even know the names of some of them or their existence.
Lets make it easier, ive seen a few simpsons and a couple of ima celeb get me outta here n last time i saw an episode of eastenders kat n alfie was leavin the square in a ford capri

TemptingEnigma

Last time I was someone’s type I was giving blood.
Reaction score
Love Island, Naked Attraction, The Masked Singer., The Apprentice, Squid Games, Come Dine with me, all the soaps ...... actually about 90% of TV shows have passed me by

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Watched the early series of Love Island but then it just started getting silly. The first two series of The Apprentice was good, they really wanted the job. I think the first winner was a ticket collector on The Underground. Then it became just another reality show with the same wannabe types. I'm shamed to admit that I have watched a fair bit of Naked Attraction :eek:

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
I was watching some TV over the weekend and I couldn't help noticing how bland Terrestrial TV is these days. It got me thinking...
TV shows that you've never seen a single episode of... I'll start you off with a few...

Strictly Come Dancing
The Voice
Dancing on Ice
The Masked Singer.
Hang on, there's a theme developing here, let me think of something else.....
The Simpsons. I've seen bits of it but I've never watched an entire episode.

Hey you, the fab forum few, feel free to share any TV that has passed you by...

I am in complete agreement with you on every show you listed.
To me, it is populist and dire viewing. Brain-mashing fodder for the brain dead, effecively.

I'd also add ANYTHING involving And and Dec. Two of the most tiresome twerps epitomising what is terrible on television.
Others that come to mind are Taskmaster, Mock the Week (aka Weak), 8 Out of 10 Cats (aka Twats) Does Countdown and Money For Nothing (aka Nothing For Money). Practically anything with dullards, unentertaining, unfunny and farcical in either content or presentation.

That's just the tip of the proverbial iceberg on this subject.

Last edited:

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
Watched the early series of Love Island but then it just started getting silly. The first two series of The Apprentice was good, they really wanted the job. I think the first winner was a ticket collector on The Underground. Then it became just another reality show with the same wannabe types. I'm shamed to admit that I have watched a fair bit of Naked Attraction :eek:

"The first two series of The Apprentice was good".

Again, I agree with you on this too. It's on a par with Come Dine With Me but with power-dressing high flyers from the business world.
As for Lord Sugar; well, he's practically become a caricature of his caricature now. Does he actually have someone write his 'humorous' quips?
Mind you, I do like the opening theme; Prokofiev's, 'Dance of The Knights' from Romeo and Juliet.

" I'm shamed to admit that I have watched a fair bit of Naked Attraction".

I would normally say that there is nothing wrong with the naked human form until you've taken a peek at this programme.
My God, aren't there some pretty dreadful specimens representing homo sapiens?
Judging from the different shapes and sizes of some of the candidate's anatomy, you could almost class it as a variety show.

I think Love Island was meant only for women to watch. No man would surely dare to admit watching such superficial dross.

:eek:

Last edited:

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Naked Attraction has come in for some right old stick, but it does have some good points. :) It shows that not everyone's bits are the same, they can vary wildly and they're not all like they are in the movies/magazines. Someone may have a hang-up about their body so when they see what's on offer on that show it might go someway to relieving their anxiety.

Prime Suspect, I've never seen a single episode but everyone tells me it is brilliant. I hope to get round to binge-watching this sometime in the
future.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Everything, only watch Netflix and Amazon Prime series for the chuckles of how bad they have become.

Mostly watch Youtube for real historians who do it for pleasure not a manifesto.
Although plenty of the big history channels are getting a little propogandist these days.
Won't pay for a TV licence cause BBC sux.

ladymuck

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
It would be easier to list the programmes I do watch! Most of the popular series seem to be aimed at the mindless, superficial people. Trouble is, the more people watch this sort of thing, the more the tv companies will make them. They don't cater for the more intelligent.

Raining_Roses

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I can't watch reality shows- they bore the bejesus out of me! Never seen any of the Love Island, The Only Way is Essex, etc ones.
Nor have I ever watched The Apprentice or Dragon's Den, Downtown Abby or many of the ones already stated above. I don't tend to watch much TV, these days- a couple of soaps (Eastenders & Corrie) and the odd box set or film at the weekend.

Chip_TheViking

Vegvisir
Reaction score
feel free to share any TV that has passed you by
Game of Thrones, I've tried multiple times to watch the 1st episode i find it really boring
Jeremy Kyle ....... can't stand the tit of a man.

iu

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
That whole Game of Thrones mania passed me by when it was first shown. But friends kept banging on about it so when it was repeated I gave it a go... After a few episodes of gratuitous sex and unnecessary swearing I just thought WTF is this? I think it was CrazyCatLady who urged me to persevere with it and i'm glad I did. Some of it was on the boring side but it was mostly spectacular viewing especially the final few series when the dragons were fully grown.

Chip_TheViking

Vegvisir
Reaction score
it was mostly spectacular viewing especially the final few series when the dragons were fully grown
which episode should i start watching from only ever seen the 1st episode it didn't grip me at all?

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
It's not a thing you can can dip in to... It's all or nothing. :) I just kept at it, thinking... I've come this far I may as well see it to the end!

Chip_TheViking

Vegvisir
Reaction score
It's not a thing you can can dip in to... It's all or nothing. :) I just kept at it, thinking... I've come this far I may as well see it to the end!
yes I fell into that trap with walking dead & regretted it lol I'll give the 1st season a good go...

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Recently signed for UKTVplay and watched Spooks again.
First 4 series so good.

Back