Poor Diets and Obesity

leo_Invictus

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
(Not written by me Copy and pasted it from somewhere else on the internet but there is nothing funnier than the truth)

In the UK - if you look into any window during 5pm you will likely find a myriad of Brits tucking into spaghetti on toast.
No, not fresh or dried - but spaghetti from tins on toast.
This kind of diet permeates British society, where sugary teas and soft, mushy and nutritionally worthless food is the norm. So little food has any texture, even their chip shop chips are soft and soggy. You dont need a knife here as all the food is gooey slop.
When they're not wolfing down this ghastly sludge they eagerly purchase and consume things like kebabs and curries - most towns have dozens of kebab and curry houses and the number of these establishments grows year by year. Brits just cannot get enough of Ahmeds Long Pig Mystery Meal washed down with sugar syrup soda.
Does this country have the worst diet ever? It's shocking the things I've seen some Brits claim to eat like "Baked bean Sarnies".
The average Brit is disgustingly obese and the amount of gargantuan sloppy Anglos patrolling the streets in mobility scooters is an increasingly common sight.

The UK has an ancient tradition of excellent food, but it's almost all been entirely replaced by findus crispy pancakes, chicken tikka masala and potato smiley faces.

I don't want to ride the mart cart. Please save us before it is too late

Paperloveheart

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
(Not written by me Copy and pasted it from somewhere else on the internet but there is nothing funnier than the truth)

In the UK - if you look into any window during 5pm you will likely find a myriad of Brits tucking into spaghetti on toast.
No, not fresh or dried - but spaghetti from tins on toast.
This kind of diet permeates British society, where sugary teas and soft, mushy and nutritionally worthless food is the norm. So little food has any texture, even their chip shop chips are soft and soggy. You dont need a knife here as all the food is gooey slop.
When they're not wolfing down this ghastly sludge they eagerly purchase and consume things like kebabs and curries - most towns have dozens of kebab and curry houses and the number of these establishments grows year by year. Brits just cannot get enough of Ahmeds Long Pig Mystery Meal washed down with sugar syrup soda.
Does this country have the worst diet ever? It's shocking the things I've seen some Brits claim to eat like "Baked bean Sarnies".
The average Brit is disgustingly obese and the amount of gargantuan sloppy Anglos patrolling the streets in mobility scooters is an increasingly common sight.

The UK has an ancient tradition of excellent food, but it's almost all been entirely replaced by findus crispy pancakes, chicken tikka masala and potato smiley faces.

I don't want to ride the mart cart. Please save us before it is too late
I am going to have self control on replying to this subject as I spent years when this site was ukchatters boring people with health facts. Even wrote a paper on obesity in children and blah blah blah. The secret to healthy living is balance balance balance. Nothing wrong with an occasional tin of spaghetti on toast etc. Itching to type more but ...............

leo_Invictus

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I am going to have self control on replying to this subject as I spent years when this site was ukchatters boring people with health facts. Even wrote a paper on obesity in children and blah blah blah. The secret to healthy living is balance balance balance. Nothing wrong with an occasional tin of spaghetti on toast etc. Itching to type more but ...............

well diets are very poor in this country and pretty much across the western world poor diets of fatty foods with low nutritional value mixed with lack of exercise is always the main issue why people get fat. Pre 1960s in the UK there was hardly any obese people even things like fish n chips (not the healthest food) but the quality is not what it once just insane batter content now and watery fish instead of prime cut cod which would of been used in the past so it comes down to poor decision making and lifestyle choices if people still buy and feed there kids that mush leading to health problems and diabetes at young age ect

It's also an issue that doesn't get addressed as a community or people and an acceptance of an overall societal decline corporations selling poor standard foods to public and people just being lazy and subservient and accepting the slosh and mush that's available to them also there is no fat shaming anymore which was common in society in the past would make people snap out of it and not want to be fat anymore instead of accepting obesity and being fat like many people they see around them.

If a child is obese by the age of 13-14 that's poor parenting feeding him/her crappy foods and generally not taking care or having an interest in there physical well being mixed in with not encouraging them to exercise or play sports ect

Last edited:

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
People eat too much and do not exercise ,

It only takes what 15 minutes a day just for a bit of cardio work that can make all the difference ,

People live to eat these days lol , You are meant to eat to live ahahahaaa

I think the internet has made it easier for people to sit at home , eat more food and stay F.A.F.

Eat stuff sure - You don't need to eat everything !

I'm only 28.4 stone and 5 Foot 1 , If i don't stop eating Chickens soon i won't be able to lift the TV remote control.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
well diets are very poor in this country and pretty much across the western world poor diets of fatty foods with low nutritional value mixed with lack of exercise is always the main issue why people get fat. Pre 1960s in the UK there was hardly any obese people even things like fish n chips (not the healthest food) but the quality is not what it once just insane batter content now and watery fish instead of prime cut cod which would of been used in the past so it comes down to poor decision making and lifestyle choices if people still buy and feed there kids that mush leading to health problems and diabetes at young age ect

It's also an issue that doesn't get addressed as a community or people and an acceptance of an overall societal decline corporations selling poor standard foods to public and people just being lazy and subservient and accepting the slosh and mush that's available to them also there is no fat shaming anymore which was common in society in the past would make people snap out of it and not want to be fat anymore instead of accepting obesity and being fat like many people they see around them.

If a child is obese by the age of 13-14 that's poor parenting feeding him/her crappy foods and generally not taking care or having an interest in there physical well being mixed in with not encouraging them to exercise or play sports ect

Just a comment on your last quote here ..........ITS IN THE GENES ,,,,, I when at school did PE at least twice a week double lessons with a walk to the nearest playing fields , i ate what was called a school dinner 2 veg and meat , when got home we have a sandwich then go do a paper round more exercise them spent rest of evening playing out and you know what I was a tubby lass , and still am

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Just a comment on your last quote here ..........ITS IN THE GENES ,,,,, I when at school did PE at least twice a week double lessons with a walk to the nearest playing fields , i ate what was called a school dinner 2 veg and meat , when got home we have a sandwich then go do a paper round more exercise them spent rest of evening playing out and you know what I was a tubby lass , and still am

People often forget you can not lose weight from a bone structure.
Natural build is part of the debate i agree.

You can be healthy without looking like a stick.

Last edited:

leo_Invictus

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score

If you had a thick set you can still keep your bmi to a healthy level

There wasn't many obese people around pre 1950's in the UK so I don't think genetically anglos have mutated fat genes since (it's too short a time span to evolve that way)

it could arguably be even the 'healthy foods' are not actually that healthy (more salt sugar and other crap ect or just eating more than they did back then)

who knows could just be modern life sitting behind desks for jobs driving instead of short walks ect which i would kinda class under societal decline i guess it's lifestyle choices within that

A healthy body is a healthy mind if people are always feeling lazy or low mood because of poor physical condition they are probably going to continually make unhealthy lazy decisions (not saying that is you just a general observation of the world around me)

Last edited:

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
If you had a thick set you can still keep your bmi to a healthy level

There wasn't many obese people around pre 1950's in the UK so I don't think genetically anglos have mutated fat genes since (it's too short a time span to evolve that way)

it could arguably be even the 'healthy foods' are not actually that healthy (more salt sugar and other crap ect or just eating more than they did back then)

who knows could just be modern life sitting behind desks for jobs driving instead of short walks ect which i would kinda class under societal decline i guess it's lifestyle choices within that

A healthy body is a healthy mind if people are always feeling lazy or low mood because of poor physical condition they are probably going to continually make unhealthy lazy decisions (not saying that is you just a general observation of the world around me)
I have never sat behind a desk aapart from school all my jobs i done have required me to move my sorry ass

TheDalaiDrama

Scum of the Earth!
Reaction score
Wait.... sketti can come in tins there?!?!?

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score

JoJoTia3rd

Staff member
Reaction score
There's also spaghetti hoops but that has too much juice its great with mash but not so much on toast cos it makes the toast soggy :eek::eek:

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Good evening JJ Sweetheart :D:D

*Lobs an Olive*

xxx

Back