Plans for 2020

soulman21

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Finally got cataract op done...result a miracle. I can see clearly now.
Should have been done in March but something came up!!!
I love the NHS!
thats fantastic news people have told me its been amazing experience having catteries removed well fone you

Lex51

Howdy ya'll
Reaction score
I'm not looking forward to another six months of shielding after just emerging from the previous six months.

mothergoose11

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Going to Bournemouth for 6 day the week after next, so that's something to look forward to as we haven't really had a good holiday in a few years since my dad became ill. Apart from that, the plan is to finish the house off with rendering front and back, taking up some rotten decking in the back garden and replacing it with slabs, and then keep the garden clean.
did you mange to get your little holiday to Bournemouth? and how far you got on your DIY? :)

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
did you mange to get your little holiday to Bournemouth? and how far you got on your DIY? :)

Yeah, we managed to get that holiday to Bournemouth. Was a nice break, but my god was it a pain to travel through London to get there lol.

On the house side of things, we've managed to get the carpets done, new furniture, the roof and heating were completed last year, and now all that's left is the rendering front and back, and then masonry paint front and back. And then there's a couple of doors and windows that need doing.

And then after all that's done, we'll look at the garden. I'm sick of pulling out weeds, only for them to grow back with a vengeance lol. So it's probably time to get someone in to look at that.

soulman21

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Yeah, we managed to get that holiday to Bournemouth. Was a nice break, but my god was it a pain to travel through London to get there lol.

On the house side of things, we've managed to get the carpets done, new furniture, the roof and heating were completed last year, and now all that's left is the rendering front and back, and then masonry paint front and back. And then there's a couple of doors and windows that need doing.

And then after all that's done, we'll look at the garden. I'm sick of pulling out weeds, only for them to grow back with a vengeance lol. So it's probably time to get someone in to look at that.
aint there good quality weed killer thats promises for 5years or more

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score

Good to know you on track but a weed is flower just in the wrong place. please remember the Bees when using weed killers.

jenarator202

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Looking forward to 01 January 2021, not that this year has been a total washout, it has bought the family even closer and and have made new friends albeit via chat. But a new year holds promise including the birth of a third grandchild, plus a few projects involving house and garden and the job front. Just need to get Christmas over and done with! Bah Humbug!:) As always staying positive.

mothergoose11

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score

rather you than me travelling through London! gosh you have been busy but its all expense isnt it but once you've finished the first one needs doing again lol i understand your pain with the weeds,I recently bought artificial grass which stops the weeds they do get through eventually but the roots are very week so just pull out very easily, I hate gardening can you tell lol
my home needs damp proofing but its too expensive but I need to sort something out soon as my kitchen especially is getting ruined at the back of the cupboards.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
rather you than me travelling through London! gosh you have been busy but its all expense isnt it but once you've finished the first one needs doing again lol i understand your pain with the weeds,I recently bought artificial grass which stops the weeds they do get through eventually but the roots are very week so just pull out very easily, I hate gardening can you tell lol
my home needs damp proofing but its too expensive but I need to sort something out soon as my kitchen especially is getting ruined at the back of the cupboards.

There's always something that needs doing. If it's not the kitchen, it's the bathroom lol. One job completed, another emerges.

Back