Places to have your first kiss

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score

In a car park, and four other grim as shlt places to have your first kiss

kiss.jpg
First kisses are awkward, unsatisfying and not very romantic.

So it makes sense they take place in these grotty locations:

In a freezing park

Walking hand-in-hand with a date through the 16th arrondissement of Paris on a cold winter’s evening before leaning in for a kiss, the lights from Neuilly-Auteuil-Passy twinkling in the background, is undeniably romantic. Sadly you were raised in Barnsley, meaning your first snog took place on a windswept, disused football pitch nearly as awful as the kiss itself.

In a car park
Romcoms don’t usually end with the happy couple finally locking lips in a car park for a reason, and that’s because a backdrop of poorly parked Volvos looks depressing as fcuk. But there aren’t many places for frisky teenagers to hang out so they make do with a vista of chipped concrete spattered with bird shlt.

At a school disco
Movies lied to you about school discos. They aren’t elaborate events with laser shows and mirror balls and you were an idiot for thinking they would be. Yours took place at a community centre that usually hosts AA meetings, and your first kiss happened in the same spot where some poor divorcee admitted he drinks five whiskeys before 10am.

The back seats of a cinema
This dark, secluded place might feel like the perfect location for a first kiss, but it lulls people into a false sense of security. Remember how you misjudged the situation by blindly leaning in for a snog but ended up tonguing an ear lobe because your date was staring straight ahead watching Twilight: Eclipse? Your date does. It still disturbs them.

Behind a supermarket
The loading bay round the back of a Sainsbury’s is one of the weirdest places for a first kiss, but when you’re a teenager who hasn’t got to first base you can’t afford to be picky. Even now the sound of a haulage lorry pulling up to unload palettes of frozen mince takes you back to that magical moment. Shame the driver watched though, it killed the vibe.

via - Daily Tonguezine

Last edited:

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
I always preferred to have my first kiss(es) on the lips However, failing that, one strategically-placed on the neck would be very pleasing too. I never thought a peck on the cheek was particularly romantic but I suppose it's a start. Probably best to leave it at that for the time being.
:cool:

BronzeSquirrel

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I'll never forget mine. We were thirteen, and he smelled of lemon soap and his mouth was so soft I thought it felt like velvet. It was in the rain, fragrant summer rain that fell like plump succulent bullets and drenched us. It was wonderful and he made my heart dance until it hurt.

S

Saphire

I'll never forget mine. We were thirteen, and he smelled of lemon soap and his mouth was so soft I thought it felt like velvet. It was in the rain, fragrant summer rain that fell like plump succulent bullets and drenched us. It was wonderful and he made my heart dance until it hurt.
Yours sounds a lot more romantic than mine.

The worst kiss I ever had...the most handsome boy I had ever seen in all my years (17) good dancer, lilting welsh accent, walked me home, went in for a kiss, it was like being sloshed in the mouth with a wet dishcloth. I pulled away, and a sliver of his spit still joined us together.

It put me off boys for a bit.:mad:

BronzeSquirrel

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Yours sounds a lot more romantic than mine.

The worst kiss I ever had...the most handsome boy I had ever seen in all my years (17) good dancer, lilting welsh accent, walked me home, went in for a kiss, it was like being sloshed in the mouth with a wet dishcloth. I pulled away, and a sliver of his spit still joined us together.

It put me off boys for a bit.:mad:
Trust me, I've a few of those. I can't STAND sloppy kissers. For some reason I always seemed to attract my fair share of oddballs, particularly on the dancefloor. It got that bad I began to think there was something wrong with me. I remember when I was 17, one guy who was about 4 inches shorter than me (5 foot 4) but four foot of him was torso, who got me in a clinch then proceeded to sing tunelessly into my ear while I crouched over him like a broody hen. He had a dandruffy parting and reeked of garlic.

Then there was the punk guy who had a penchant for dropping silent but deadly's in order to clear a packed dancefloor. You'd see him giving it some welly in the mosh pit, then everyone would part like the fucking Red Sea. It was hilarious.

S

Saphire

Trust me, I've a few of those. I can't STAND sloppy kissers. For some reason I always seemed to attract my fair share of oddballs, particularly on the dancefloor. It got that bad I began to think there was something wrong with me. I remember when I was 17, one guy who was about 4 inches shorter than me (5 foot 4) but four foot of him was torso, who got me in a clinch then proceeded to sing tunelessly into my ear while I crouched over him like a broody hen. He had a dandruffy parting and reeked of garlic.

Then there was the punk guy who had a penchant for dropping silent but deadly's in order to clear a packed dancefloor. You'd see him giving it some welly in the mosh pit, then everyone would part like the fucking Red Sea. It was hilarious.
OMG....I cant stand men who fart in public, that's gross.

I am tall, I often got the 'little mate' whilst my shorter girlfriends got the ones who towered over them.
It's odd how short men gravitate towards tall women.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
First kiss..
Walking home from school, was ground near a raised railway, although now its a car park.
Sarah, the headmasters daughter, damn she was so cute.
Forward to, I was dumb as a kid, never occured to me to kiss her so she took the lead.
I have always loved her, still do, but it was never to be.
We never even dated just great friends for a few years, god I was dumb.
Keep thinking I should look her up on social media, but then think "Nah thats to creepy" :D

C

CrazyCatLady

First kiss..
Walking home from school, was ground near a raised railway, although now its a car park.
Sarah, the headmasters daughter, damn she was so cute.
Forward to, I was dumb as a kid, never occured to me to kiss her so she took the lead.
I have always loved her, still do, but it was never to be.
We never even dated just great friends for a few years, god I was dumb.
Keep thinking I should look her up on social media, but then think "Nah thats to creepy" :D
It's only creepy, if they find out ;)
I joined a page on FB related to my town and my old high school crush commented on a photo. Gave a little like on the comment, checked out his page- didn't send a friend request though. When I had my last profile about 15 years ago, I chatted to him then and when I told him I had a crush on him in school (approx. 15 years beforehand), his reply was that he liked big girls- I was still too skinny and he could never fancy me. Considering my crush wasn't present day and had very much expired, I found his disclosure a bit off and replied that thankfully, he wasn't my type anymore anyway- he was too old.

C

CrazyCatLady

OMG....I cant stand men who fart in public, that's gross.

I am tall, I often got the 'little mate' whilst my shorter girlfriends got the ones who towered over them.
It's odd how short men gravitate towards tall women.
I always got the drunk or the drug addict. If I was ever out with a friend and we pulled a couple of friends, the more dominant of us (the friend) would obviously go for the guy she wanted and I would be left playing Agony Aunt to the one that had way too much drink or would end up spending the evening making sure the 'Tripper' didn't dehydrate or jump in front of a car, etc.
Spent way too many nights, cleaning some random bloke's front room and kitchen, while my supposed 'mate' got her rocks off.

C

CrazyCatLady

First kiss- in the high school playground with a boy called Andrew, with all our mates standing around us. I didn't expect the tongue going in and almost gagged. Afterwards, I couldn't comprehend why ANYONE would find kissing enjoyable! It was wet, messy and embarrassing.
It took me another 2 years to do it again.

F

FlatLined

First kiss- in the high school playground with a boy called Andrew, with all our mates standing around us. I didn't expect the tongue going in and almost gagged. Afterwards, I couldn't comprehend why ANYONE would find kissing enjoyable! It was wet, messy and embarrassing.
It took me another 2 years to do it again.
I think that was me lol

S

Saphire

I always got the drunk or the drug addict. If I was ever out with a friend and we pulled a couple of friends, the more dominant of us (the friend) would obviously go for the guy she wanted and I would be left playing Agony Aunt to the one that had way too much drink or would end up spending the evening making sure the 'Tripper' didn't dehydrate or jump in front of a car, etc.
Spent way too many nights, cleaning some random bloke's front room and kitchen, while my supposed 'mate' got her rocks off.
I can fully sympathise with you on this.
I had an older sister, only by a couple of years, but when you are 14 or 15 that's a lot.
She was always a pain, had few friends, so she would drag me along with her when she started going to dances. She was an attractive girl, I was still a skinny kid, so you can guess, when lads split us up on the dance floor, who always got the geeky looking one.

I spent many hours sat watching her have the time of her life whilst I sat like a wallflower on the sidelines.

F

FlatLined

In the park after school a bunch of us met up, we kissed she was lovely we started going out after lasted 2 whole weeks

Kev1n

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
First proper romantic kiss, on the doorstep of her parents house after you have safely walked her home from your first meet. I doubt very much if people do that these days.

F

FlatLined

First proper romantic kiss, on the doorstep of her parents house after you have safely walked her home from your first meet. I doubt very much if people do that these days.
I know i dont, romance is dead these days

S

Saphire

Romance isn't dead.
It is what you make of it...if you don't give it you won't receive it.

garyxx

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
my first kiss, will never forget it or her I was older by 2 years we had been friends didn't think she fancied me, but one night while hanging out with some friends she just looked at me and said can I kiss you, will never forget it,

Back