People who only type 'hi'

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Do you think they may be just trying to help the slow readers on here? You know the type... Their lips move when they read, that's if they've ever read a book, I have my doubts. But i suppose all contributions should be welcomed. There's a dearth of forum threads. People! use it or lose it.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Hello :cool:

BasildonBond

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Do you think they may be just trying to help the slow readers on here? You know the type... Their lips move when they read, that's if they've ever read a book, I have my doubts. But i suppose all contributions should be welcomed. There's a dearth of forum threads. People! use it or lose it.
I know I digress. But I much preferred that avatar pic of you showin ya bum contemplating hurling yourself of a tall building. Many's the time I wanted to rescue you, but was far too busy tarting. May we have it back plaese? I'm sure at least 50% of the population would be over the moon.

Chip_TheViking

Vegvisir
Reaction score
It can be frustrating when someone only responds with "hi" in a chat conversation It can make the conversation feel one-sided or unengaging
It's always nice to have more substance in a conversation to keep it interesting and flowing... instead of a simple "hi," you could say something like, "Hey there, how are you today?" or "Good [morning/afternoon/evening], how's your day going thus far?"
these kinds of greetings show that you are interested in starting a conversation and can lead to more meaningful interactions, of you could say "How's your piles?".

Back