Our poor military

Confused_Fred

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
The UK military numbers are at all-time low.

Poor wages and poor living conditions have lead to low recruitment and retention numbers.

In the past you walk down to your local recruitment office, you spoke to a soldier or a sailor or a marine within a few weeks you were on training.

These days recruitment handled by a firm called Capita. You know the same people that handle Post Office pensions and it systems for schools. And we all know they cant get them right !!

You have to ring a call center and then they spend the next year dealing with you. Can you imagine that !!

I can't think of any young person you would spend a year waiting to join the military. Over half of them just drop out in the first 6 months.

Once there the better off on the dole and starting rate for a soldier or a sailor is about 18k. it's really bad money for a young person I think you get more working at Tesco's. No wonder so may of them leave after 2 years.

it's time that we remembered and value our service of our military.

We need to pressure our government into increasing wages and conditions for our military otherwise we might as well just give up, become like Ireland.

I'd like to say our military just spends their time overseas but when a natural disaster hits in the UK they're the first people we call on. You see them on the news building flood defenses. They're the ones helping out after a natural disaster not just in the UK all over the world.

Lets give our military respect they deserve and honor social contract that's been around since Wellington. That means better housing, better wages and more respect from our society.

ladymuck

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Is it any wonder that people are reluctant to join the military? For one thing, they recently made it clear that white men were not welcome, no matter what skills they have. Many soldiers committed suicide after the withdrawal from Afghanistan. Those who were left permanently disabled now feel that it was all pointless. How many ex-soldiers are living on the streets?
By the way, this is Britain and the word honour is spelt with a 'u'. I know that there is a campaign to turn Britain into a colony of America but it hasn't happened yet.

Confused_Fred

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
By the way, this is Britain and the word honour is spelt with a 'u'. I know that there is a campaign to turn Britain into a colony of America but it hasn't happened yet.

Sorry Ladymuck

I'm using a voice to text program to make posts. Its America :rolleyes:

Back