online bullying causes suicide

MrFaustian

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Disagree.

- 'most suicides are from shame, self guilt or a feeling of self worthlessness or a combination of all 3'
Not everything is an internal factor. Shame, guilt and feeling of worthlessness can be caused by people around you, it can be caused by your friends and family and also, by people online. I mean, look at Youtubers these days, they're all miserable and depressed. A good example is the case of Etika. You don't wanna watch his final suicide video.

- 'but the suicide will not be strictly because that person bullied them it would be a culmination of other things entirely.'
Not true. The case of Amanda Todd will tell you otherwise. She took her life purely due to online bullying, nothing else. That's just one of the many cases out there.

- 'It will be the depression and despair which sends them over the edge not because someone said mean words it was other areas in their life they couldn't address, rectify or figure out to get the point where mean words could send them over the edge'
You cannot simply say that people who kill themselves do it mainly because of depression and despair when we all know that cyberbullying alone can kill someone who has never been depressed in their life before.

- Can cyberbullying add to an already messed up/depressed individual's life? Yes, absolutely. But at the same time, cyberbullying alone can kill someone because we are social creatures and no one likes to be the outcast.

yes but all the arguments you make would of been a culmination of other things the bullying would of just been the straw that broke the camels back if that said person had the ability or know how to change set things or come to a realisation in other areas of how to let those dark thoughts go they wouldn't of took their own life. Bullying is obviously going to spiral them but to be in the situation to be bullied in the first place would mean that person had other self conflicting issues they never defeated initially to get into the situation where suicide in their own mind is now the only logical option.

Too be bullied in the first place is usually from low self esteem a bully can't bully someone with high self esteem to begin with. It's like saying a drug addict died from an overdose the drugs never killed them it was a chain of bad life choices and decisions before that did. Just as the bullied never defeated previous issues which led to the bullying to happen initially

Last edited:

Slayer

Al-Qur'an 2:21.
Reaction score
yes but all the arguments you make would of been a culmination of other things the bullying would of just been the straw that broke the camels back
Not true, again. Bullying isn't always the cherry on top of people's own personal issues. Being bullied alone can lead to one's death, whether you want to believe that or not. Like I said, the case of Amanda Todd will disprove this statement. No camel's back was broken. She was bullied to death.

if that said person had the ability or know how to change set things or come to a realisation in other areas of how to let those dark thoughts go they wouldn't of took their own life. Bullying is obviously going to spiral them but to be in the situation to be bullied in the first place would mean that person had other self conflicting issues they never defeated initially to get into the situation where suicide in their own mind is now the only logical option.
No one's disagreeing with this.

Too be bullied in the first place is usually from low self esteem
And the bully themselves have low self-esteem and insecurities to pick on others. Funny how you don't point that out.

a bully can't bully someone with high self esteem to begin with. It's like saying a drug addict died from an overdose the drugs never killed them it was a chain of bad life choices and decisions before that did. Just as the bullied never defeated previous issues which led to the bullying to happen initially
This analogy is flawed.
You tell us, how Amanda Todd could have prevented her own death when the entire school bullied her? We'd love to hear your answer.

MrFaustian

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Not true, again. Bullying isn't always the cherry on top of people's own personal issues. Being bullied alone can lead to one's death, whether you want to believe that or not. Like I said, the case of Amanda Todd will disprove this statement. No camel's back was broken. She was bullied to death.

No one's disagreeing with this.

And the bully themselves have low self-esteem and insecurities to pick on others. Funny how you don't point that out.

It doesn't matter if the bully has low self esteem or not its the damage capability of the bullied. Just because i'm not crying about someone i don't know personally does't mean i agree with bullying i just saying it from a rational not emotional viewpoint

This analogy is flawed.
You tell us, how Amanda Todd could have prevented her own death when the entire school bullied her? We'd love to hear your answer.

There could of been ways of preventing it there have probably been millions of kids across the world bullied to this degree i'm sure only a very tiny percentage actually killed themselves as I said before it would of been other factors in her life creating the mass damage it would of been the bullying that sent her over the edge

It doesn't matter if the bully has low self esteem or not its the damage capability of the bullied. Just because i'm not crying about someone i don't know personally does't mean i agree with bullying i just saying it from a rational not emotional viewpoint

Last edited:

Slayer

Al-Qur'an 2:21.
Reaction score
There could of been ways of preventing it
Such as?

there have probably been millions of kids across the world bullied to this degree i'm sure only a very tiny percentage actually killed themselves
And? Does that make it insignificant just because it's tiny fraction? I would like to see where you get your stats from.

as I said before it would of been other factors in her life creating the mass damage it would of been the bullying that sent her over the edge
No one is disagreeing with this, again. But you're quick to dismiss that online bullying itself, alone, can drive someone to take their lives. I wonder why.

Your punctuation and spellings don't sound too rational to me. I almost ran out of breath reading your response.

Back