OASIS are back

Liamz1888

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Better than the Beatles . I think so but its a generational thing i suppose Thoughts please

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
You think so ?
there only back for the money they couple of kids

Kev45

Devils advocate? Contrarian ego strokers.
Reaction score
Better than the Beatles . I think so but its a generational thing i suppose Thoughts please

Not so sure about better than the Beatles, and they didn't conquer the USA. The lyrical well dried up and Noel didn't really evolve as a songwriter past the first two albums, although the second album was about as good as it gets.

The 90s were brilliant for Britpop in general, Oasis, Blur, Pulp, Radiohead, Stereophonics, etc and Oasis were right up there at the top of the pyramid. :)

oohahhupthewahs

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Brilliant they buried the hatchet. Both tossers, honestly. Needed thier mum to bang their heeds together, but 30 years ago. Could've got two more cracking albums out of em. Noel the talent and wrote most of it but Liam is the sound. Would 100% see them for the bucket list what's the story is all time top albums for me

Lil_White_Fox

Foxy love ❤️
Reaction score
I saw their last performance at v fest they were shite but I also remember where I was and what I was doing at 16 when definitely maybe landed ..90s was sh** hot for bands I seen bloody loads. I love gigs and festivals

Septembersun

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
For me , Oasis is way too overrated and became so over played. They were only reasonable when they played more energetic tracks compared to their rather gloomy tracks that everyone knows such as don't look back in anger or wonder wall. Yawn.
Still I don't think they have much relevance to music in the 2020s which I actually prefer with many 1980s inspired tracks to the 1990s.
I can't fathom why the Gallagher brothers compared themselves to the Beatles as they sounded nothing like them. The closest sounding band to the Beatles was Badfinger.

Last edited:

Lil_White_Fox

Foxy love ❤️
Reaction score
I saw roses twice for their comeback gigs it was so bloody amazing, so much love everywhere for the lads, been with ya mates, the anthems it was something not to be missed ...oasis I feel will sell out instantly ..I really hope to adoring fans and not tout twats making a quick buck..haha

NickUK

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
The Beatles had 18 number 1 hits in the UK, Oasis less than half with 8...
In America the Beatles did slightly better with 20 number 1 hits....Oasis had 0
Enough said....

Last edited:
Back