Not achieved much?

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score

Not going to university, and other things people are weirdly proud of

knuckle dragger.jpg

Not achieved much?

Imagine you’re special and boost your self-esteem by taking a weird amount of pride in these non-achievements.

Not going to university

Being successful without going through academia is impressive, but constantly banging on about it screams ‘massive chip on shoulder’. Hearing about how much you ‘hustled’ in your youth is almost as annoying as people who won’t shut up about Oxbridge 20 years later.

Their car
Obsessive car owners know more about their motor than their loved ones. They might even have given their car a horribly twee nickname like Prudence the Punto. Male car lovers like to imagine they’re driving around in a sleek beast of Ferrari, not a mid-price, generic salesman’s car identical to all the others headed for the NEC on the motorway.

Social media stats
Made a joke that got a couple of likes on social media? Congratulations. Now avoid the temptation to re-share it every 10 minutes in the desperate hope that it will get more traction. And don’t tag celebrities to get boosted, it looks desperate. Neither will push your follower count into double digits anyway.

Dietary preferences
If you’re sickeningly smug about only eating flaxseed bread then you deserve all the mockery you get. Especially if you look down on knuckle-dragging white bread eaters, saying ‘Don’t you know that gives you heart disease?’ Sorry, Mr Bread Fascist, Boots’ sandwich cabinet didn’t have any organic sourdough flown in fresh from Verona.

Not having a TV
You know someone doesn’t have a television because they drop it into conversation every other sentence. They’re strangely up-to-date with Succession and Ted Lasso though because they watch it on a laptop while snuggled up in their sense of moral superiority. Not like some dolt glued to the ‘idiot box’.

via Daily Thicko

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score

Not going to university, and other things people are weirdly proud of

View attachment 6205

Not achieved much?

Imagine you’re special and boost your self-esteem by taking a weird amount of pride in these non-achievements.

Not going to university

Being successful without going through academia is impressive, but constantly banging on about it screams ‘massive chip on shoulder’. Hearing about how much you ‘hustled’ in your youth is almost as annoying as people who won’t shut up about Oxbridge 20 years later.

Their car
Obsessive car owners know more about their motor than their loved ones. They might even have given their car a horribly twee nickname like Prudence the Punto. Male car lovers like to imagine they’re driving around in a sleek beast of Ferrari, not a mid-price, generic salesman’s car identical to all the others headed for the NEC on the motorway.

Social media stats
Made a joke that got a couple of likes on social media? Congratulations. Now avoid the temptation to re-share it every 10 minutes in the desperate hope that it will get more traction. And don’t tag celebrities to get boosted, it looks desperate. Neither will push your follower count into double digits anyway.

Dietary preferences
If you’re sickeningly smug about only eating flaxseed bread then you deserve all the mockery you get. Especially if you look down on knuckle-dragging white bread eaters, saying ‘Don’t you know that gives you heart disease?’ Sorry, Mr Bread Fascist, Boots’ sandwich cabinet didn’t have any organic sourdough flown in fresh from Verona.

Not having a TV
You know someone doesn’t have a television because they drop it into conversation every other sentence. They’re strangely up-to-date with Succession and Ted Lasso though because they watch it on a laptop while snuggled up in their sense of moral superiority. Not like some dolt glued to the ‘idiot box’.

via Daily Thicko

I know about obsessive Ego Trippers :)

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score

University,............... I attended the best uni there is LIFE. it taught me so much .​

S

Saphire

University,............... I attended the best uni there is LIFE. it taught me so much .​

I have to say there is some truth in that.

I play a weekly online general knowledge quiz with friends and family, some sailed through uni, hold down very good jobs.
Their general knowledge is far less than others who left school and went straight into work.
The uni of life can be very educational.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
You can call me weird, but after creating the thread "overuse of the 'like' feature" (because of my paltry 'like' count). I am now weirdly proud of my reaction score, just to see if it's gone up is my main reason for logging on. It's took 3 years of careful nurturing, watching it grow. Being ever so careful not so upset any forum'ers, because if you do they'll forever ignore your posts, no matter how valid they may be. And if posts don't get read - they can't get 'liked'. :( Oh the High of getting a 'like', it's better than sex (working from memory) :rolleyes:

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
You can call me weird, but after creating the thread "overuse of the 'like' feature" (because of my paltry 'like' count). I am now weirdly proud of my reaction score, just to see if it's gone up is my main reason for logging on. It's took 3 years of careful nurturing, watching it grow. Being ever so careful not so upset any forum'ers, because if you do they'll forever ignore your posts, no matter how valid they may be. And if posts don't get read - they can't get 'liked'. :( Oh the High of getting a 'like', it's better than sex (working from memory) :rolleyes:
Most "likes" tend to come from chatroom or forum friends .
However ,put your origonal avatar back up and i`ll give you a like :D

F

FlatLined

I don't care if i get likes or not i am just like being me and for achieving, there is always time to achieve more

F

FlatLined

I actually think that , wow thats a 1st from me

Last edited by a moderator:

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I don't care if i get likes or not i am just like being me and for achieving, there is always time to achieve more

Thats what makes us better people, the constant striving to learn about others, about ourselves.
No matter if one gets likes or not, one can always learn from any interaction :)

F

FlatLined

All you need is Confidence and a lot of hard work, you make your own goals in life and if you reach them you have achieved and keep going

Last edited by a moderator:
Back