Northern vs Southern hemisphere rugby

MikieB

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
What's the better competion? Super rugby vs heinekin Cup?
Four nations vs six nations...?

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I don't follow club rugby but the 4 nations is superior, their record in the world cup proves that. Just going very slightly off-topic, there was an Interesting item on the news the other day about New York trying to start up a rugby league team to play over here with the team based at 'Anfailed' << borrowed that apt term. :rolleyes: rugby league? are they mad? I don't know if it's because rugby league is closer to American football (a sport i adore) than rugby union, but it's only going to go one way . . . . .

MikieB

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I don't follow club rugby but the 4 nations is superior, their record in the world cup proves that. Just going very slightly off-topic, there was an Interesting item on the news the other day about New York trying to start up a rugby league team to play over here with the team based at 'Anfailed' << borrowed that apt term. :rolleyes: rugby league? are they mad? I don't know if it's because rugby league is closer to American football (a sport i adore) than rugby union, but it's only going to go one way . . . . .
A team full of expats and wannabees do you think.
Rugby Union has a love affair with the states too, given their failure to expand into Asia. The marketers have to justify their roles but doing so, a few bodies are going to get crunched lol

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I must been asleep is 5 nations rugby not 4 nations
Personal i find American football/rugby boring

MikieB

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I must been asleep is 5 nations rugby not 4 nations
Personal i find American football/rugby boring
4 nations... New Zealand, Australia, South Africa and Argentina.
Have to agree with ya on American football. A game that stops for adverts for goodness sake!

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I was reading that they're trying to expand the 6 nations by adding Japan, though the travelling logistics makes that unlikely, unless they play all their games over here.

MikieB

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
There isnt much difference really . Home advantage is huge in rugby . .
Home advantage is true of most sports, more so games like cricket where the dynamics of conditions play such a huge part. Rugby, and a home crowd, makes a huge difference too of course.

Snowmanky

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Nz , have won the world cup once on foreign soil
Not great for the best team in the world in 35 years .

Snowmanky

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
A theory peddled by that weirdo Manky .
Mind you , the saffers won in france and japan , neutral venues . All on the day in finals . Not much in it .

Back