Nicknames for people you know

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I couldn't help laughing at the pet-names some forum'ers have been given... Reminds me that some of the staff at work have been given affectionate names.

Four Seasons.
This person takes so much time off work that we've been given to calling her Four Seasons, because she comes and goes like the seasons. This is the same woman I've mentioned in an earlier thread, when she is in she spends so much time on her phone she brings her charger in with her!
The Magician.
Because of the eczema on his hands he always wears gloves, white ones.
The Pig Farmer
I've no idea who started calling him this other than he's exactly how we all picture what a pig farmer would look like.. silly I know
The Terminator.
Security on night shift. A man-mountain of a man. He is the toughest, meanest looking man I have ever come across. Very aptly named.

Any nicknames for people you know? Do share...

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Guess

Egozilla - because in the vast chat landscape, they're the towering monster of self-importance, crushing its lack of self esteem with every keystroke.

CaptainConjugation - sailing through the chat-waves, ensuring that every verb agrees with its subject, and punishing those who dare defy grammatical laws.

Mocktopus - with tentacles of sarcasm and scorn, this virtual cephalopod wraps around conversations.

MeMyselfAndKeyboard - Pinching the joy out of every conversation, constantly whining about how dull chat is and showing a miserly disdain for anyone they feel threatened by.

WretchedPredicament - Provoking and pontificating, one inflated statement at a time, all while revelling in their own perceived brilliance.

Raining_Roses

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I’ve had nicknames for colleagues. Some of my past workmates were:

Flouncy- due to her skills in sauntering around the office, swishing her hair, while chatting to everyone and not actually doing any work. She was a lovely girl and did have beautiful hair, but focusing on the task at hand was never her strong point.

Beavis & Butthead- two managers, who would set out a load of actions for us to complete during the week. Beavis would throw out a load of tasks and timescales that were humanly impossible, with Butthead in the background making noises of agreement and encouragement. Then, when someone pointed out the ‘challenges’ to whatever we were being asked to do, Butthead would then repeat ‘Just do it, just do it’.

Mr Weebly- as in ‘Weebles wobble but they don’t fall down’. A manager that looked like a typical lottery winner- white, round and bald- and when we walked, he wobbled- so much so, you could feel the vibration through the floorboards as he walked towards your desk. He was a nice manager- fair. Always had a smile and didn’t like pulling anyone up for anything, unless he really had to.

Dicky Desperate- a manager who didn’t hide that he met his wife on one of many ‘wife-hunting holidays’ to Thailand. She was around 25 years younger than him and before I left the company, he was telling everyone of issues in his marriage and with the typical pervy innuendos, bragging about how he was bringing her younger sister over. He was a cringe! None of the women liked being stuck in the office alone with him.

The Martyr- this person had a few depending on who you were speaking to, but I used to refer to her as this due to her perception that the section would disintegrate in to nothingness without her presence, even though all she ever did was moan about the workload, gossip and slag everyone else off, take copious amounts of time off and bully the woman she was supposed to be directly working with. A nasty specimen that hung on to her job because of who she knew, rather than what she knew or what she did.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Scrooge.
Earlier I had brunch (very posh :)) with an old school friend that I hadn't seen for years, and of course we got chatting about the old days. Michael's name came up, and it took some time for us to recall his name. The reason being the school play. We did A Christmas Carol and Michael played Scrooge, simply because he was perfectly cast, he was just how you would imagine Ebenezer Scrooge as a 14 year old would look like. But that school play changed the rest of his school days forever. He became known as Scrooge. Everyone, and I mean everyone called him Scrooge. It was all done in good humour and he took it well, but looking back at it now, It was bullying. Just one more thing on my 'I am not proud of' list. :(

If you got this far I hope I didn't bore you with my reminiscing, perhaps I should have just typed 'hi' ;)

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Loadsamoney.
The new name I've labelled a friend who recently parted with £1000 for a hospitality ticket to see Liverpool FC. I always knew he wasn't short of a few bob, but how well off do you have to be to happily hand over that kind of money to watch a game of football? :rolleyes:

Back