NHS dental charges

U_N_Owen

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
£62 for a filling! I'm sure it was only £52 last year but when I queried it I was told at my age I should just be glad I have teeth to fill. Bit of an insult really. o_O

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
I visit my dentist every 6 months. June last year he recommended i have a filling. Although i thought my teeth were fine! Cost. £48.00 for 20 minutes work.!! January this year he suggested i see the Dental Hygienist. I said why?..He said there is plaque build up on my teeth..!! Cost.. £38.00.
My next visit in June i'm guessing he will find something wrong.!

I'm not complaining but, when it comes to our teeth we are held to ransom, it's not something we can do at home like clipping our finger nails.!

Last edited:

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I would pay any amounts of money to make sure my teeth and gums are healthy. I've even thought about private dental care.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
I would pay any amounts of money to make sure my teeth and gums are healthy. I've even thought about private dental care.

Providing you look after your teeth and gums, you shouldn't need to see the dentist that often or have the need for it. Private dental care is pointless unless you want to go for a Simon Cowell 'TOTAL WHITE' makeover.! He's a fecking smoker and he's had his teeth done...What a prat.!:D

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Providing you look after your teeth and gums, you shouldn't need to see the dentist that often or have the need for it. Private dental care is pointless unless you want to go for a Simon Cowell 'TOTAL WHITE' makeover.! He's a fecking smoker and he's had his teeth done...What a prat.!:D

If i ever get the money, i may think about it haha.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
If i ever get the money, i may think about it haha.

No Just NO...Don't do it. I can afford it but i never would. I't ruins the character of someone. My teeth are healthy but a bit ' off white'...Do i care?

Not a bit. One of the biggest let down's was Even the mighty 'Beast' on the 'Chase'..Mark Labbett..has had his top set whitened...He now looks a right prat and has lost my respect.

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I have a fabulous dentalist and love going for my checkups! He always tells me I have great teeth and I look after them well, making me feel like a good child and like I should really be getting a badge.

Last time I went, I had a filling and I think it was 78 quid (clearly not looking after them as well as I might, then! I blame Haribo. Bastids). My DD every month is about 15 quid (it's not Denplan but some similar scheme). I don't mind at all paying for my dental care; I like having strong, white teeth and consider it attractive in others. I wouldn't either have that insane veneer nonsense people are talking about here - look at that Ruby monstrosity on Eastenders. Gnashers only fitting for a horse.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
I have a fabulous dentalist and love going for my checkups! He always tells me I have great teeth and I look after them well, making me feel like a good child and like I should really be getting a badge.

Last time I went, I had a filling and I think it was 78 quid (clearly not looking after them as well as I might, then! I blame Haribo. Bastids). My DD every month is about 15 quid (it's not Denplan but some similar scheme). I don't mind at all paying for my dental care; I like having strong, white teeth and consider it attractive in others. I wouldn't either have that insane veneer nonsense people are talking about here - look at that Ruby monstrosity on Eastenders. Gnashers only fitting for a horse.

I was going along nicely with your post... UNTIL I read ... "look at that Ruby monstrosity on Eastenders."....!

The watching of such monstrosity is BANNED in MY home.

And I had high hopes for you 'Supercookie'...How hopes can be dashed in ONE fail swoop...:p...:)...:D

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I watch not. Saw the fecker on the front of a magazine at Asda, so put that in ya pipe and smoke it. (I did watch it years ago and knew her from then, though!).

And it's one FELL swoop. Poor Shakespeare, and it being his birthday today anawl...

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
I watch not. Saw the fecker on the front of a magazine at Asda, so put that in ya pipe and smoke it. (I did watch it years ago and knew her from then, though!).

And it's one FELL swoop. Poor Shakespeare, and it being his birthday today anawl...

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

You picked up on that...I'm presently surprised... i didn't think you would.!

Seeing as you shop in ASDA is all the more reason my hopes for you are dashed even more ..yet again...!

Ah well....!

P.S. It's And all..Not 'anawl'...;)

Last edited:

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
£62 for a filling! I'm sure it was only £52 last year but when I queried it I was told at my age I should just be glad I have teeth to fill. Bit of an insult really. o_O
get yourself a dental insurance boots do one, worth it in end. all the prices went up the beginning of April [ always do].

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
You picked up on that...I'm presently surprised... i didn't think you would.!

Seeing as you shop in ASDA is all the more reason my hopes for you are dashed even more ..yet again...!

Ah well....!

P.S. It'a And all..Not 'anawl'...;)
Oh! The irony of fixing a faux pas and using a sillyism in doing so was lost!

What's wrong with Asda?! I REFUSE to shop at Waitrose on principle!

Paperloveheart

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I was just reading an article not long ago that said our oral health is an indicator of our overall health. So keep your gums and teeth is good shape. Cost of going to the dentist has risen yes but lets face it every has gone up in cost.

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I was just reading an article not long ago that said our oral health is an indicator of our overall health. So keep your gums and teeth is good shape. Cost of going to the dentist has risen yes but lets face it every has gone up in cost.
This so true i had a skin doctor tell me go get your teeth sorted you will start to feel better.

U_N_Owen

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I suppose any initial nominal charge will always be increased every year without fail, weren't prescriptions only 20p when they were first introduced? £9 now and yet the £10 Christmas bonus for pensioners first given in the 70s has never been increased :rolleyes:

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Oh! The irony of fixing a faux pas and using a sillyism in doing so was lost!

What's wrong with Asda?! I REFUSE to shop at Waitrose on principle!

There is nowt wrong with Asda... I was only teasing you. :p :)

I don't shop in Waitrose, never have. I prefer sainsbury's..

Back