Named after Months?

TheBabayaga

Life is but a Dream within a dream
Reaction score
image_2023-07-13_085731724.png

I was watching Hensel and Gretal [ the film version 2013] and came across the scene where they catch the Witch. Yerss the basistuds they got my sister, but that's
in the past now..moving pon. yerss pon. Once u pon a time in a land far far away... they were kid-napping kids.. Anyway, it came to pass that the children had to be named after months in order to be sacrificed for the blood moon or some sh** like that. I thought to mysen, yerss in particular, woman are named after the month. Why is that ?

Jan-January
Pheobe - February
March
..err not sure about that one
April , thats obvious
May, yerss that one too can be spelied Mae
June, like Terry and June
July - Julie
August - Augusta though dont think come across many given that name any more.
The rest I couldn think of.. maybe no one wanted to name their children after the winter months.

Attachments

• 1689235057062.png
    1689235057062.png
    32.9 KB · Views: 0

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
To someone whose humour I admire - the forum'er babayaga esquire!...
In no way am I casting aspersions on the veracity of your excellent thread. However! July is named after Julius Caesar, and August is named after the first Roman emperor Augustus.
I thank you for giving me the opportunity to finally make some use of my O Level History. ;)

TheBabayaga

Life is but a Dream within a dream
Reaction score
To someone whose humour I admire - the forum'er babayaga esquire!...
In no way am I casting aspersions on the veracity of your excellent thread. However! July is named after Julius Caesar, and August is named after the first Roman emperor Augustus.
I thank you for giving me the opportunity to finally make some use of my O Level History. ;)
Yerss well, the seed has been sowun and esquire of the forum hastht started the ball a rollin.. hang on a second, what about Girl Friday then? She was definately named after a day innit

asaultnviniger

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
sed Hamlet (not named after a day) to Ophelia (not named either) ''i'll draw a pic of thee, I wonder which pencil i should use? 2 b or not 2b

Back