N H S.

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
What makes a doctor or nurse do what they do in times like this. Would you?
Would you walk in to a 12.5 hour shift in a ward stuffed full of Corona sufferers, without proper protective clothing?
Would you?
Afraid so!

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
A friend of mine who works as an NHS nurse is now in our hospital's 3rd Covid ward (she is usually in another department and has been given fast ITU training). She says many are now off with (and she made inverted comma signs with her fingers - not me!) 'anxiety' - she doesn't believe them. She said it was the 'usual ones' who never go above and beyond. Although this is a very unusual situation and a very real danger, it is interesting that not ALL doctors and nurses are 'angels'. That analogy just makes me cringe. Some teacher friends of mine have refused to go in and cover care giving for those children who need it because their parents are keyworkers, like us. It's a good job others of us are volunteering, or we would be in some rather deeper sh** than we already are. It has to be a team effort, this. Although these are special circumstances and - please - a once-in-a-lifetime catastrophe, we will all face more difficult times at work than others and, I'm afraid, we have to take the rough with the smooth. I don't want to be a burden on the NHS and am doing everything I can not to become infected nor spread this thing but I'm not either willing to be ashamed of myself once this is done.

Snugbunny46

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Speaking of FB, the latest thing doing the rounds on there is that we should all give 3 cheers at a specific time and date for. . .don't ask me for whom, I didn't get that far I clicked it off. This madness could well become a craze! :) but I'll tell you who I won't be clapping, cheering whatever for, is for the binmen!, my wheelie bin is still proudly sitting outside my front gate patiently waiting since yesterday to be picked up. :mad:
First we get Youtube influencers, then FB influencers, please don't let it spread to this superb forum.
That was for the queens birthday on Tuesday

Back