My journey

Whiplash

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
I am on a journey to enlightenment. The journey requires mental, physical and spiritual health to be at their pinnacle.

Remember, all these areas of health are very connected. Increasing one increases the other and vise versa. The one thing you should do in life and always strive for is improving your health. This was one of the deciding factors for why I turned vegan. I learned the detrimental effect meat has on the human body and completely changed my lifestyle.

This requires you to lose your ego. I'm going to tell you all a secret: The ego isn't some abstract concept. Scientists have actually located the neurobiological ego within our brains. It's called the default mode network. There is a way you can decrease this default mode network and weaken your ego: Meditation, acupuncture (due to channeling our pain receptors), and sleep deprivation (in cycles).

I have been doing all 3 for years now and I feel that I have optimised myself as a human being. I have no ego. I know my superiority over others is negligible in the grand scheme of things. I have put my ego aside to help people better themselves like I have.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
I am on a journey to enlightenment. The journey requires mental, physical and spiritual health to be at their pinnacle.

Remember, all these areas of health are very connected. Increasing one increases the other and vise versa. The one thing you should do in life and always strive for is improving your health. This was one of the deciding factors for why I turned vegan. I learned the detrimental effect meat has on the human body and completely changed my lifestyle.

This requires you to lose your ego. I'm going to tell you all a secret: The ego isn't some abstract concept. Scientists have actually located the neurobiological ego within our brains. It's called the default mode network. There is a way you can decrease this default mode network and weaken your ego: Meditation, acupuncture (due to channeling our pain receptors), and sleep deprivation (in cycles).

I have been doing all 3 for years now and I feel that I have optimised myself as a human being. I have no ego. I know my superiority over others is negligible in the grand scheme of things. I have put my ego aside to help people better themselves like I have.

I have read this book also ?

Have you got anything written by you ?

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I think you're a delusional vegan with an ego, who attacks regular people and families who do not follow the same veganism ideology as you do. You've exposed your character and your overall being into what you actually are, and was, as a person. You're a Vegon. A mix of personal ego and self-entitlement, with doses of self-pride. You pat yourself on the back and praise yourself for adopting the cult like side of veganism.
And the thing is you say you've been doing this for years, but that's a broad statement into something you're passionate about. How long exactly? If this is so important to you, you would have a rough idea or estimate into how long you've been taking this path of so called "enlightenment".
I believe in freedom of choice, something that you and other vegans don't seem to believe in. I don't drink alcohol for example, but that doesn't make me better than them for their personal choices. I certainly won't be shaming them or attempt to preach ideology on why alcohol is bad.

B

Bad_Influence

I got as far as “vegan” and gave up.
He is living proof that humans NEED to eat meat to maintain the ability to make sensible life-choices.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Jeez! If God had meant us to be vegetarian would he have invented the Brussels sprout?
Course not!

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I'm vegan not because I like animals. I'm vegan because I hate plants.

Last edited:
M

mario2

I got as far as “vegan” and gave up.
He is living proof that humans NEED to eat meat to maintain the ability to make sensible life-choices.
Pork chops are goooooooooooood !!! (John Travolta Pulp fiction)

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score

Don't tell me that this diatribe is in advance of April Fool's Day 2021 because it is certainly redolent of such tomfoolery.
The level of science fiction employed in the argument is like something out of Dan Dare or Flash Gordon.
I think you are being 'egonomical' with the truth if you think your ego is a just 'figment of your imagination'. It's subjective AND objective.
As for veganism: well, it's just too hard to swallow for some of us.
I do hope you become more enlightened because you certainly seem to require to be.
As for your 'journey' .... I suggest you go transcendentally.
There but for the grace of the egoless go I.

A well-wisher (looking for a well)

TheThinker

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
My Journey ???? I will leave my house in my van,, drive to bottom of the avenue,, turn right,, go all the way down the hill,, turn left,,, drive to the station,,, there I will be met by a work colleague,, we will exchange pleasantries like good morning,, how are you? etc,,, we will go our separate ways and do our jobs,, when that is done I will make the journey back home,,,, oh and I will have a meat pie for lunch :D

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
My Journey ???? I will leave my house in my van,, drive to bottom of the avenue,, turn right,, go all the way down the hill,, turn left,,, drive to the station,,, there I will be met by a work colleague,, we will exchange pleasantries like good morning,, how are you? etc,,, we will go our separate ways and do our jobs,, when that is done I will make the journey back home,,,, oh and I will have a meat pie for lunch :D

Well i never say "good" in morning, afternoon or evening, because they may respond with is it a good morning, afternoon or evening? Lol.

jenarator202

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Veganism, well my jury is still out deciding on that, vegetarianism not so bad in small doses. A balanced diet together with an inner peace certainly would improve your health. By inner peace, I mean doing simple things that give you pleasure, happiness like walking along a beach, rock pooling, maybe art, reading a book etc. However, it is a personal preference as I would rather do something than just meditate, life is for living not thinking about it

However, out of curiosity, I have always wondered if you become a vegan, do you have to supplement your diet?

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Veganism, well my jury is still out deciding on that, vegetarianism not so bad in small doses. A balanced diet together with an inner peace certainly would improve your health. By inner peace, I mean doing simple things that give you pleasure, happiness like walking along a beach, rock pooling, maybe art, reading a book etc. However, it is a personal preference as I would rather do something than just meditate, life is for living not thinking about it

However, out of curiosity, I have always wondered if you become a vegan, do you have to supplement your diet?
Yeah! They do bacon sandwiches! :eek:

Back