my favourite film

Tonto

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
International Velvet. But no-ones heard of it, so that's a non-starter, I think.
Kingdom of the Spiders, with William Shatner, was pretty good as well.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
International Velvet, is that a sequel to National Velvet? Now that was a great movie staring Liz Taylor. People bang on about The Matrix, I just couldn't get into that, turned it off after 15 mins, :eek: i'll give it another go when I get a chance. I loved Ghost. My favourite film? probably Dr Zhivago.

Tonto

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
International Velvet, is that a sequel to National Velvet? Now that was a great movie staring Liz Taylor. People bang on about The Matrix, I just couldn't get into that, turned it off after 15 mins, :eek: i'll give it another go when I get a chance. I loved Ghost. My favourite film? probably Dr Zhivago.
It WAS a sequel to "National Velvet", and when I saw it at the pictures I was the only one in.

Dropship

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I like sci-fi and paranormal stuff, for example in 'The Stone Tape' a group take up residence in an allegedly haunted big old country house, what could possibly go wrong?

Tonto

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
I like sci-fi and paranormal stuff, for example in 'The Stone Tape' a group take up residence in an allegedly haunted big old country house, what could possibly go wrong?

Yes, I saw The Stone Tape on YouTube a few years ago. Round about the time I watched Children of the Stones. There was a thing called The Owl Service that was pretty good as well.

Dropship

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Yeah and there's a great twist at the end of The Stone Tape- SPOILER ALERT- because they become so obsessed with trying to trigger and analyse the ghost of the victorian chambermaid that they neglected to wonder what made her scream and fall to her death from the steps in the first place (gulp)..
Full film-

D

Dardii

Dr Zhivago... good choice!!

D

Dardii

For me, there's a few with one all time favourite, that actually speaks volumes about me....

I do love Laurence of Arabia and the 2nd of LOR trilogy, mainly because of Legolas and his skill with stair sledging while firing arrows and his keen sense of one-up-manship. The music of course sends thrills though my body (yes, I'm easily pleased), and find the Uruk-hai somewhat sexy mmmm 'meats back on the menu boys'!! And don't get me started with the Wraiths On Wings - Phwoar!!!

However, my favourite all time favourite is The Hitcher staring Rutger Hauer... enough said!

P.s must give a shout out to Christopher Walken where my stight addiction to his glorious yumminess started with the film Sleepy Hollow.

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
has to be the matrix and ghost
You can only choose one, hence the thread title, 'my favourite film'. Not films.
And yes, I AM being pedantic. That's what pedants do.
:rolleyes:

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
The original Bladerunner.
Harrison Ford, Rutger Hauer and Sean Young.
They made that movie.
Racheal/Deckard in the movie is one of the most tragic love stories that film has ever portrayed.
Sean Young is so beautiful in that movie, her mixture of surety and innocence, captivating.
Rutger, searching for reason, even when he dies he tries to understand.
And Deckard, who has seen and done so much, yet falls in love with that which he has to destroy.

Along with a very young Daryl Hannah as Pris and the wonderful William Sanderson as Sebastion.
Joe Turkel as Tyrell, so good.

Probably, in my humble opinion the finest fiction movie ever made.
Closely followed by Jacksons Lord of the rings.
Although the Hobbit sucked, never watched it all the way through.

Back