Music you like...Anything goes...!

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone EVER watches and even appreciates any of the music videos posted in this thread, other than mine. I don't. :D
So, in view of that likelihood, here's another for you, to stimulate your auditory canals.
This is the final movement (Presto) from Haydn's Symphony No. 92, "The Oxford", which I rate as one of the most beautiful movements in Classical music. When I say Classical music, in this instance I mean before Beethoven had established himself as a composer, not that Mozart didn't also write some beautiful pieces too.
Haydn was a contemporary of Mozart and Beethoven, but they both knew who the master of the period was.

Last edited:

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
It's one of the forum parts I look most at, on any place, the music section. :)
I appreciate your reply. It's good to know that someone does take notice.
I would hate to think that lots of good music is being overlooked.
One thing I'd like to see from contributors is: WHY they chose a particular piece, even if it's because it brings back memories for them, good or bad.
I hardly see anyone commenting on other people's choices but, then again, I suppose the aim of the thread was merely to post songs that mean something to the individual and not necessarily for approval.
:)

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
I appreciate your reply. It's good to know that someone does take notice.
I would hate to think that lots of good music is being overlooked.
One thing I'd like to see from contributors is: WHY they chose a particular piece, even if it's because it brings back memories for them, good or bad.
I hardly see anyone commenting on other people's choices but, then again, I suppose the aim of the thread was merely to post songs that mean something to the individual and not necessarily for approval.
:)
Well you covered it with your sentence. I guess it's just a Music thing.. This thread is about Music that people like. It's a simple thing to do..Just post what you like..! Doesn't matter about anything. :)

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Great version...I love the video to this...Takes one back to better times and it's the FIRST time i have ever seen anyone cry 2 tears from ONE eye.!

Last edited:

TemptingEnigma

Last time I was someone’s type I was giving blood.
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone EVER watches and even appreciates any of the music videos posted in this thread, other than mine. I don't. :D
So, in view of that likelihood, here's another for you, to stimulate your auditory canals.
This is the final movement (Presto) from Haydn's Symphony No. 92, "The Oxford", which I rate as one of the most beautiful movements in Classical music. When I say Classical music, in this instance I mean before Beethoven had established himself as a composer, not that Mozart didn't also write some beautiful pieces too.
Haydn was a contemporary of Mozart and Beethoven, but they both knew who the master of the period was.

I would add that Mozart's Requiem in "D" is also one of the most beautiful pieces of classical music. Mozart, however, did not finish composing this piece of work, he died. In the end, it became his own requiem.

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
I would add that Mozart's Requiem in "D" is also one of the most beautiful pieces of classical music. Mozart, however, did not finish composing this piece of work, he died. In the end, it became his own requiem.

This is the most recognisable part of the Requiem, Lacrimosa. Undeniably, one of the most beautiful pieces of the entire choral music repertoire.
It was regarded as Mozart's final, unfinished work, completed by one of his music students, Süssmayr.
I much appreciate your input on this particular excerpt.
:D

Septembersun

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
This is the most recognisable part of the Requiem, Lacrimosa. Undeniably, one of the most beautiful pieces of the entire choral music repertoire.
It was regarded as Mozart's final, unfinished work, completed by one of his music students, Süssmayr.
I much appreciate your input on this particular excerpt.

:D
Yes I can appreciate Mozart. You have to hand respect to this composer for writing music since the age of five. He had a short life but was such an influential composer to this day.

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
Yes I can appreciate Mozart. You have to hand respect to this composer for writing music since the age of five. He had a short life but was such an influential composer to this day.

Is it likely that music composed today will be remembered, let alone played or listened to, in 250 years time. I think not.
I do believe that the music of such great composers as Mozart will be, however.

Septembersun

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score

Still Corners - Secret World (2024)​

From their new album Dream Talk. Love Tessa Murrays soft voice.

TemptingEnigma

Last time I was someone’s type I was giving blood.
Reaction score

Sometime ago another chatter suggested I listen to this.

I listened to it many times and found this song actually makes me feel things. This song is art, simply a masterpiece.

To me, it symbolises and embodies the powerful emotions that a human suffers when they have loved someone with every fibre of their being., and then that person is gone ... and they are left behind with a heart so full of love or abandonment that their emotions have nowhere to call home and so a darkness sets in .....

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Hey MOON?

This track has stuck in my mind for years...!

Back