Movies watched , reviewed and rated ➳ ➳ ➳

JennyFleck

Inconsistently Consistent
Reaction score
I must try and catch this, I love Carey Mulligan, she's done well for herself since appearing in the 'Blink' episode of Dr Who.
Definitely watch it... it is fabulous :) let me know what you think :)

KhadgarsWhisker

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Hacksaw Ridge - Glory - Oldboy (Korean subtitled) - The Chaser (korean subtitled) - Grizzly Man - Control - Let the right one in - Harry brown - Pans Labrinth are just a few of the great films ive seen.
Oldboy is ace, theres even a newer american version to try, though i would watch both. Let the right one in has 2 versions and both are fantastic. Old boy is in my top ten and is drama and action, let the rightone in is well good but horror so not for me butI thought worth a try.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I got round to watching 'Contagion' 2011 on TCM the other night. Given the current pandemic, how prophetic was this movie?
9/10

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Another 6 plus pages on a habitual topic. I notice that the same posters who read every book in creation also watch every movie in creation. Just how much time do they have on their hands to do all that ?. Next topic will be "food" i bet :D

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Stares@ Whiskers your dressed in black

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Fight Club
I love Brad Pitt but I've avoided this movie for many years because I hate violence. It's a long story how I came to be watching it last night, which I won't bore you with. (doesn't stop you any other time, I hear you say) :) But anyway, I was pleasantly surprised to find that fighting was not the main theme, and I wouldn't even say it was a bloke's movie. It's one of those exceptional films you really need to watch a couple of times to really appreciate it. A nice twist at the end which i never saw coming. Hollywood at its best.

VeiledStranger

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Hacksaw Ridge - Glory - Oldboy (Korean subtitled) - The Chaser (korean subtitled) - Grizzly Man - Control - Let the right one in - Harry brown - Pans Labrinth are just a few of the great films ive seen.
Pans Labyrinth was amazing

VeiledStranger

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
So for someone living alone i guess i find myself watching a lot of movies right now......

I can never decide what to watch and sometimes end up watching stuff and i wish i had not bothered ,

Please drop anything decent you have watched with a short review and a rating out of 10 if you wouldn't mind.

Any Film or Movie nothing else please ,

Thanks in advance :D
Interstellar - definitely an all time fave

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Bullet Train
Watched this on Sky last night and it's a non-stop thrill ride! If you didn't know otherwise you'd swear this was a Quentin Tarantino movie. It stars Brad Pitt and there's a few interesting cameos, but blink and you'll miss Ryan Reynolds. An entertaining film and a nice way to pss a couple of hours.

Dropship

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
'12 Years A Slave' is the usual propaganda bullshite portraying blacks as poor and downtrodden (sniffle).
Obviously he and his mates must have liked getting free meals, free housing, free clothing, free medcare and a good steady job on the plantations, or they'd have soon buggered off, there was no barbed wire keeping 'em in..:)

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Spent the weekend in a wind-swept caravan at Whitley Bay. Little to do other than watch DVD's that had been left lying around.
Inglourious Basterds. This is another movie that seems to have passed me by. That opening scene of the polite SS officer questioning the farmer and his daughters about people hiding Jews, I found deeply disturbing and somewhat terrifying. You just didn't know what was going to happen next. Tarantino never makes a bad movie.
9/10

Cosmonaut

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Spent the weekend in a wind-swept caravan at Whitley Bay. Little to do other than watch DVD's that had been left lying around.
Inglourious Basterds. This is another movie that seems to have passed me by. That opening scene of the polite SS officer questioning the farmer and his daughters about people hiding Jews, I found deeply disturbing and somewhat terrifying. You just didn't know what was going to happen next. Tarantino never makes a bad movie.
9/10
Had you said you don't like violence?!!!

Dropship

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
'Basterds' is just an over-the-top comedy film not to be taken seriously..:)

doonhamer3

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Love the UK channel - Talking Pictures TV, all old stuff mainly British films and tv series, stuff I either haven't seen or have forgotten. A lot of it is even older than me, some good some not so good but at least the good stuff is down acting and writing, not a CGI in sight.

Kev45

A storm happens one raindrop at a time.
Reaction score
I stumbled across Dune (2021) at the weekend on YouTube, on a wet, windy afternoon, and was really rather pleasantly surprised. An immersive slice of escapism, not true to the Frank Herbert original, in parts, but really well acted, big budget and filmed on a grand scale. Well worth a watch if, like me, you missed the 2021 version first time around and enjoy a good sci-fi. :)

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Babylon
I watched this on SKY last night, mainly because it starred Brad Pitt, but Margot Robbie was the standout performance in what was surely an Oscar winning role. You will either hate or love this movie. It's over 3 hours long, and I didn't realise until the credits went up that the creepy gangster towards the end of the film was Tobey Maguire (spiderman). o_O It's about Hollywood during the transition from silent movies to 'talkies'. It's a kinda very updated version of the musical 'Singing In The Rain'.
9/10

Back